tf700 sluggish

Search This thread

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Someone may be able answer but i doubt but i have to ask the question...

Had my tf since november - the business on it as soon as it was out of the box. But no matter what image ive loaded onto it its always been slow ( i think ive tried them all) ie my nexus4 runs greasy smooth compared to my tf, almost to the point that a guy at work gave me a 300 to unlock and his seemed a lot better/smoother/faster than mine....is it just mine or is it the norm

currently im on cyanogen 10.1 latest nightly with the bryce overclocked kernel running at 1.9gb if i was a betting man i would say the nova launcher was running about 10fps with all the special effects off...as a guide...

ps especially the browser - no matter which one it always takes ages to load pages....

Thanks to anyone that can shed any light on it....

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I must admit I struggle with your story language-wise, but I think I do get your general statement. CROMI, for example, should run smoothly, no matter what, UNLESS your device is faulty.

I'd recommend wiping EVERYTHING -- so you do not run into remnants form earlier ROMs/installations -- and starting anew with CROMI, just to be sure. Update your bootloader (to the JB version), and then try data2SD if it is still not to your liking.

Reactions: Thats OK

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
I must admit I struggle with your story language-wise, but I think I do get your general statement. CROMI, for example, should run smoothly, no matter what, UNLESS your device is faulty.

I'd recommend wiping EVERYTHING -- so you do not run into remnants form earlier ROMs/installations -- and starting anew with CROMI, just to be sure. Update your bootloader (to the JB version), and then try data2SD if it is still not to your liking.

And to add to Marty's efforts what ever you do if flashisg from a custom recovery with JB 4.1 or later do not use an older version of any recovery!

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Hi - which rom is that...?

I must say im kind of trying that right now....complete wipe, factory reset and then a factory reset from the recovery screen....its auto loading the apps at the moment....thanks for the reply all the same....ive never tried that bit of software that goes on the memory card...is there a walkthrough somewhere?

coolmsb

Feb 25, 2013
Mr read PLZ

As far as I know stock TF700 related ROMs are laggy and require a custom Over clocked kernel such as Clemsyn which is rubbish and even with this performance is sluggish. But her is a way to get rid of the lag once and for all. Unlock and root the TF700. Then install Cyanogenmod 10.1 latest build and then when you boot into it set the IO as CFQ permenantly and then use Seeder with the settings on aggressive and the IO extend option unticked but all the rest of the options ticked. Also use lightning browser or Browser2RAM which enhances the stock Android browsers performance.

After that enjoy a super fast transformer like never before. Don't use any other rom . My transformer got nearly 150000 on Antutu which is really good and I got nearly 5500 on Quadrant with it on performance mode (I didn't use the custom CM10.1 customs kernel or any other one just the stock CM10.1 kernel). My transformer in balanced seems to be on par with an iPad 2, 3 and better than a normal Asus transformer Prime or TF300 and I have over 40 applications with several games with 1+GB data. The IO problem is still there as it is hardware based although with this their is nearly no lag for the first time. Beautiful TF700 CyanogenMod developers. I read the commit log and checked the code many gerrit optimisations for the IO and Armv7 cores. Enjoy!!!!! Wohoo Project Butter!!!!!

Continue Cyanogenmod providing better support than Asus. One reason to jailbreak (Root) is because of this.

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
As far as I know stock TF700 related ROMs are laggy and require a custom Over clocked kernel such as Clemsyn which is rubbish and even with this performance is sluggish. But her is a way to get rid of the lag once and for all. Unlock and root the TF700. Then install Cyanogenmod 10.1 latest build and then when you boot into it set the IO as CFQ permenantly and then use Seeder with the settings on aggressive and the IO extend option unticked but all the rest of the options ticked. Also use lightning browser or Browser2RAM which enhances the stock Android browsers performance.

After that enjoy a super fast transformer like never before. Don't use any other rom . My transformer got nearly 150000 on Antutu which is really good and I got nearly 5500 on Quadrant with it on performance mode (I didn't use the custom CM10.1 customs kernel or any other one just the stock CM10.1 kernel). My transformer in balanced seems to be on par with an iPad 2, 3 and better than a normal Asus transformer Prime or TF300 and I have over 40 applications with several games with 1+GB data. The IO problem is still there as it is hardware based although with this their is nearly no lag for the first time. Beautiful TF700 CyanogenMod developers. I read the commit log and checked the code many gerrit optimisations for the IO and Armv7 cores. Enjoy!!!!! Wohoo Project Butter!!!!!

Continue Cyanogenmod providing better support than Asus. One reason to jailbreak (Root) is because of this.

Well not to brag but flash CROMI which is based on stock and you can achieve 17000 on antutu and over 7000 on quadrant. So much for stock ROMs being laggy eh? :D

Now with no overclocking you are looking at 5500 - 6000 on quadrant so would seem to be on par with CM based ROMs. I do like CM but you lose some functionality whilst gaining others and you have to suffer some stability issues especially if doing nightlies. Also they never seem to finish them..... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thats OK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well not to brag but flash CROMI which is based on stock and you can achieve 17000 on antutu and over 7000 on quadrant. So much for stock ROMs being laggy eh? :D

Now with no overclocking you are looking at 5500 - 6000 on quadrant so would seem to be on par with CM based ROMs. I do like CM but you lose some functionality whilst gaining others and you have to suffer some stability issues especially if doing nightlies. Also they never seem to finish them..... :)