[Q] Which smartphone should I buy after my SGS3?

Search This thread

svetinha

Nov 9, 2008
São Paulo
Hi Guys!

I was wondering. I really love my SGS3.
i have CM11 on it and love the hardware, camera, etc.
But it has come that time of year that my carrier needs to keep me as a costumer, and I can get a good discount on a new phone.
But I was wondering, which phone is as good as my s3?
I dont know If i want to just upgrade to s4, i think there are better phones out there, like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto X. I also read some things about LG G2.

Thank you in advance for the answers :)

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Hi Guys!

But it has come that time of year that my carrier needs to keep me as a costumer, and I can get a good discount on a new phone.
I dont know If i want to just upgrade to s4, i think there are better phones out there, like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto X. I also read some things about LG G2.

If Sumsang proceeds with its current agenda- zone restricted devices, unique & unfriendly developers-support CPUs, and low-quality releases + weighty stock roms, I don't see any reason to prefer Samsung over other companies...

The S3 is a great device, and the huge developers community will ensure its relevance for long time. :cool:
Anyway- I think that the Xperia Z1 is the most attractive device for now: Powerful and very common chipset, water & dust proof, heavy-duty battery, AWESOME CAMERA, very clean stock rom, nice screen, fancy look & feel, and extendable SD up to 64Gb

Last edited:
Reactions: svetinha

aldrinmcmie

Aug 27, 2012
Jeddah
Hi Guys!

Nexus 5:laugh:

Reactions: jojohnson250

svetinha

Nov 9, 2008
São Paulo
Thanks @amirTor, @drdax and @aldrinmcmie !!!
I think i'm going with the G2. Tomorrow i'll go to my carrier. I just don't like the LG UI :( But I found some costum roms, like PA and CM :D
The z1 option its really good as well! But the nexus 5, though with 4.4 and being a Nexus lacks of a great camera and battery life as I have read :( (also it just got here in brazil this week, so the'll put the price really high)

:D

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks @amirTor, @drdax and @aldrinmcmie !!!
I think i'm going with the G2. Tomorrow i'll go to my carrier. I just don't like the LG UI :( But I found some costum roms, like PA and CM :D
The z1 option its really good as well! But the nexus 5, though with 4.4 and being a Nexus lacks of a great camera and battery life as I have read :( (also it just got here in brazil this week, so the'll put the price really high)

:D

Nice choice :good::good: but make sure to take the 32Gb model, because no extended sd.

guimas

Jan 24, 2013
Porto Alegre
I think best cost-benefit option in Brazil right now is the Moto X. I like the Nexus 5 too, but it's more expensive. If you don't mind the buttons in the back (I don't think I would adapt to that), the LG G2 seems a good option too.

gustrastrenoi

May 13, 2013
S5

Wait for the S5, it comes out either in march or June 2014.
it has an aluminium body and better MP camera with more cool features.
google is your friend.

svetinha

Nov 9, 2008
São Paulo
Thanks to all of you!!
I'm buying the G2...
I've seen some reviews, watched some videos and my carrier made a good discount on the phone!
Also, I can install the current CM that I have on my SGS3.
;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

towertim

Oct 2, 2013
Hamburg
Note 3 would be too large for me, because I like putting the phone in my trousers pocket.
The S5 seems to be promising since its size should be similar to S3/S4 but is has updated hardware and higher display resolution.
I read that Samsung is going to release 2 versions - one with plastic body and Snapdragon 805 SoC and one with aluminium body and Exynos 6.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the same, after looking at a few phones I've opted for the Note 3. Larger screen, plenty power, 3GB ram...most have only 2GB.
    Hopefully quite future proofed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Hi Guys!

If Sumsang proceeds with its current agenda- zone restricted devices, unique & unfriendly developers-support CPUs, and low-quality releases + weighty stock roms, I don't see any reason to prefer Samsung over other companies...

The S3 is a great device, and the huge developers community will ensure its relevance for long time. :cool:
    Anyway- I think that the Xperia Z1 is the most attractive device for now: Powerful and very common chipset, water & dust proof, heavy-duty battery, AWESOME CAMERA, very clean stock rom, nice screen, fancy look & feel, and extendable SD up to 64Gb
    Hi Guys!

Nexus 5:laugh: