Make phone ring loudly for one contact while silenced?

Search This thread

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Zinken

Jul 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.

Reactions: 1Chef

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.

Does it make of so the contact has to call or text twice before the increase? Thank you for the response.

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-28-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-28-33.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 47

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.

That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-candykat-rom-t2637931

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-candykat-rom-t2637931

Yeah I realised it was a theme, sorry for my slightly aggressive reply, my ROM doesn't have this feature and I don't want to leave the rom for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.