[Q] bootloops problem after unlocking the boot loader and installing cwm

Search This thread

ramzwelath

May 31, 2014
I unlocked the bootloader of my xperia m c1904 yesterday.and after that i flashed with cwm, after performing these steps i installed superusersu using cwm-installwinzip. after these steps i made a clean boot but my xperia m stuck at bootloop and when i tried to wipe data it showed error. cant do a factory reset too. cant mount data too. pls hep me. am new to xda and this is my first time rooting experience. any suggestion please.
thanks in advance.

stalin.sk2

Sep 25, 2012
Madurai
OnePlus Nord
I unlocked the bootloader of my xperia m c1904 yesterday.and after that i flashed with cwm, after performing these steps i installed superusersu using cwm-installwinzip. after these steps i made a clean boot but my xperia m stuck at bootloop and when i tried to wipe data it showed error. cant do a factory reset too. cant mount data too. pls hep me. am new to xda and this is my first time rooting experience. any suggestion please.
thanks in advance.

flash the stock firmware (here you have to wipe cache and data)

no need to unlock bootloader once again already unlocked

follow the root instructions step by step

don't wipe cache and data(it will erase all your user data)

before flashing or changes with cwm please take a complete backup its help you to revert your phone.

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
thanks in advance.

I had exactly the same experience (except that I didn't install supersu) with my Xperia M C1905 a few days ago, and have been struggling unsuccessfully to fix it. In my case the phone got stuck at the animated boot logo after I unlocked the bootloader, even though I used the official Sony method and followed the instructions to the letter, and it said it worked OK with no errors. After that I successfully flashed a CWM boot image, and can now boot into recovery, but normal boot is still stuck at the logo. I can access the phone with flashboot but not adb. I have the correct Windows 7 drivers installed.

In CWM I find (like the previous poster) that I cannot mount or format /data, so I assume that's the cause of the problem. Does this mean that the data partition has got corrupted? If so, how can I fix that?

Thanks for any help!

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

flash the stock firmware (here you have to wipe cache and data)

no need to unlock bootloader once again already unlocked

follow the root instructions step by step

don't wipe cache and data(it will erase all your user data)

before flashing or changes with cwm please take a complete backup its help you to revert your phone.

Thanks, but as a newbie (at least to this phone) I'd appreciate more detailed guidance as to how to find the correct firmware (I'm on Android 4.3 stock, UK) and how to flash it safely.

stalin.sk2

Sep 25, 2012
Madurai
OnePlus Nord
I had exactly the same experience (except that I didn't install supersu) with my Xperia M C1905 a few days ago, and have been struggling unsuccessfully to fix it. In my case the phone got stuck at the animated boot logo after I unlocked the bootloader, even though I used the official Sony method and followed the instructions to the letter, and it said it worked OK with no errors. After that I successfully flashed a CWM boot image, and can now boot into recovery, but normal boot is still stuck at the logo. I can access the phone with flashboot but not adb. I have the correct Windows 7 drivers installed.

In CWM I find (like the previous poster) that I cannot mount or format /data, so I assume that's the cause of the problem. Does this mean that the data partition has got corrupted? If so, how can I fix that?

Thanks for any help!

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Thanks, but as a newbie (at least to this phone) I'd appreciate more detailed guidance as to how to find the correct firmware (I'm on Android 4.3 stock, UK) and how to flash it safely.

to know correct firmware go to settings--> about phone--->Model Name/Built Number
then go to google enter "phone model no + built number +ftf" you can easily get your firmware
for flashing this ftf reffer this

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
to know correct firmware go to settings--> about phone--->Model Name/Built Number
then go to google enter "phone model no + built number +ftf" you can easily get your firmware
for flashing this ftf reffer this

Thanks for the link to the guide for flashing FTF files with Flashtool.

As I can't boot my phone, I can't go to settings > about phone! Am I safe to use a Global FTF? Or do I need a specific UK version?

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
Maybe, after unlocking the bootloader, you are not turn on your XM, but instead immediately installing cwm?

Sory for my engelish

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
Maybe, after unlocking the bootloader, you are not turn on your XM, but instead immediately installing cwm?

Sory for my engelish

Perhaps that would have been better! But I wanted to check that the bootloader unlocking had worked correctly and that the phone was still OK. (It wasn't.) At least this way I know when the problem occurred.