Touchscreen failures

Search This thread

MarshallRDC

Jul 5, 2013
Dear members,

Since a few days my HTC One X was behaving weird. Sometimes the touchscreen stopped working while using it, sometimes it wouldn't work after unlocking it. After a few attempts it worked again. This behaviour was only getting worse by time and now I can't use the touchscreen anymore.
I replaced the LCD (bought on etradesupply) about a month or 10 ago and it worked fine. I already checked if the digitizer was still plugged in correctly.
The weird behaviour started after I installed the latest OTA update (heartblead fix). Since my phone is rooted I reflashed the stock recovery for updating it. After the update flashed CMW again and had my root back. First it worked normally, but after a few weeks the failures started.
It could be a hardware problem, but I think it isn't (not 100% sure but want to check everything). Today I reflashed the stock recovery and suddenly the touchscreen worked again, for a few times, and now nothing anymore.

Touch isn't working in recovery, though I'm not sure I flashed a touch version, maybe I need to check that too?

The LCD is working fine, there is nothing wrong with that.

Now my questions are: :confused:
(1) Should I reflash a stock or custom rom? And where to get a clean stock rom?
(2) Can I reinstall touchscreen drivers or something?
(3) Does anyone else has a clue what to do?

Phone informations:
HTC One X (international version) 16GB

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.401.4

(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3956mV
(bootloader) devpower: 80
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Stock ROM, never flashed custom ROM.
Recovery: cwm or stock

Please, help!
Thanks in advance!

Little update: I flashed CWM again and the touch worked again, for some time and now not anymore... WEIRD!

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Dear members,

Since a few days my HTC One X was behaving weird. Sometimes the touchscreen stopped working while using it, sometimes it wouldn't work after unlocking it. After a few attempts it worked again. This behaviour was only getting worse by time and now I can't use the touchscreen anymore.
I replaced the LCD (bought on etradesupply) about a month or 10 ago and it worked fine. I already checked if the digitizer was still plugged in correctly.
The weird behaviour started after I installed the latest OTA update (heartblead fix). Since my phone is rooted I reflashed the stock recovery for updating it. After the update flashed CMW again and had my root back. First it worked normally, but after a few weeks the failures started.
It could be a hardware problem, but I think it isn't (not 100% sure but want to check everything). Today I reflashed the stock recovery and suddenly the touchscreen worked again, for a few times, and now nothing anymore.

Touch isn't working in recovery, though I'm not sure I flashed a touch version, maybe I need to check that too?

The LCD is working fine, there is nothing wrong with that.

Now my questions are: :confused:
(1) Should I reflash a stock or custom rom? And where to get a clean stock rom?
(2) Can I reinstall touchscreen drivers or something?
(3) Does anyone else has a clue what to do?

Phone informations:
HTC One X (international version) 16GB

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.401.4
(bootloader) serialno: ******************
(bootloader) imei: *******************
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3956mV
(bootloader) devpower: 80
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Stock ROM, never flashed custom ROM.
Recovery: cwm or stock

Please, help!
Thanks in advance!

Little update: I flashed CWM again and the touch worked again, for some time and now not anymore... WEIRD!

First delete your S/N and IMEI this info not must be in Internet, second looks like hardware problem. you can find stock rom in android section on mike1986 thread for stock rom or search for nandroid backup, you can try with custom rom to see what will happend and the better way when you change the screen is to changed with the digitizer not only LCD. The last update OTA 4.18.401.4 is only fix for heartblead fix wich is software fix not hboot update or anything else

MarshallRDC

Jul 5, 2013
First delete your S/N and IMEI this info not must be in Internet, second looks like hardware problem. you can find stock rom in android section on mike1986 thread for stock rom or search for nandroid backup, you can try with custom rom to see what will happend and the better way when you change the screen is to changed with the digitizer not only LCD. The last update OTA 4.18.401.4 is only fix for heartblead fix wich is software fix not hboot update or anything else

Oops, thanks. I changed the LCD and the digitizer, not only the LCD, sorry bad info there. And yeah I was thinking it is a hardware problem, but I still don't get why it sometimes works again after reflashing a recovery... :/