[Q] How do I flash from L To a custom AOSP KITKAT

Search This thread

siaga

Jul 22, 2014
How do I flash from L To a custom AOSP KITKAT? Do I need to flash the factory image at first or I just boot into recvoery and flash the cutom rom?Did anybody know? THX!

ph37rd

Oct 6, 2012
To be safe, you'd do a factory image flash. That way you know you have a good starting point. There's the boot image, including the ramdisk, and radio (depending on what platform you're running on) that would have changed.

Or, if you're feeling lucky, clean wipe and flash your new ROM. What's the worse case scenario? You have to do it twice.

Rohit02

Sep 17, 2012
Pune
How do I flash from L To a custom AOSP KITKAT? Do I need to flash the factory image at first or I just boot into recvoery and flash the cutom rom?Did anybody know? THX!

The safest way is
Download L port
factory reset once
wipe cache dalvik
flash ROM
wipe cache and dalvik again
reboot
done,

Gapps included.

I never got problem with these steps.

Reactions: prasanth21

siaga

Jul 22, 2014
The safest way is
Download L port
factory reset once
wipe cache dalvik
flash ROM
reboot
done,

Gapps included.

Hey,guys,I have just ask the L's developer ,he said that the L he developed uses the same baseband and bootloader as the Kitkat,so there is no need to flash a factory image at first , instead ,we can just directly flash the Kitkat aosp ,Thanks for his kindness!

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
no need to format storage?
thanks in advanced :cool:
You just need to get a flashable one and your good to go. Just wipe system, data and caches and flash it. I tried both ways by recovery and by script and its the same experience. But if you follow the script and flash through PC you'll surely lose all your data.

Reactions: qaz2453

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The safest way is
    Download L port
    factory reset once
    wipe cache dalvik
    flash ROM
    reboot
    done,

Gapps included.

The safest way is
    Download L port
    factory reset once
    wipe cache dalvik
    flash ROM
    reboot
    done,

Gapps included.

You just need to get a flashable one and your good to go. Just wipe system, data and caches and flash it. I tried both ways by recovery and by script and its the same experience. But if you follow the script and flash through PC you'll surely lose all your data.