Update Your Bionic Here

Search This thread

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
My .902 update keeps failing and I was wondering if you could help me. It fails and gives me the following message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/blur_picasa.apk". [there are a bunch of unimportant numbers and letters here])
E: Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any help is much appreciated.

To get on .902

Start on Stock 5.5.886!!! I'm sorry but it says Start on Stock in the OP.

When you got back to stock, Flash 5.5.893 in Stock recovery then right after flash .902

Sent from Heaven but I have no clue why I'm on Earth.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The easiest and safest way is simply use the full xml.zip for. 902 and then root with Motofail afterwards if desired. That way you dont have to jump through any hoops to get your phone able to accept incremental updates. No reverting of anything is required.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
To get on .902

Start on Stock 5.5.886!!! I'm sorry but it says Start on Stock in the OP.

When you got back to stock, Flash 5.5.893 in Stock recovery then right after flash .902

Sent from Heaven but I have no clue why I'm on Earth.

I'm on 5.5.886, so in recovery, flash 5.5.893, and then without even leaving recovery I can flash .902 ?? and do I need to do any wipes?

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
well i figured it out. I was on 886 and went to recovery, updated to 593, right there without doing anything else updated to 902, well its installing right now, but I'm guessing it should work, it got past 'Verifying current system...' which is where it should hang if you aren't coming from the previous OTA.

slave13

Mar 27, 2007
question

I have a rooted phone and I have tried many times to go to 5.9.902 through the Verizon update im in 5.5.893 right now and when I do it through the phone no matter if I was rooted or not it fails will this fail too or will it go through and is it truly worth the update I have cheek on a site and my phone does Most of what the 902 update does.

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
I have a rooted phone and I have tried many times to go to 5.9.902 through the Verizon update im in 5.5.893 right now and when I do it through the phone no matter if I was rooted or not it fails will this fail too or will it go through and is it truly worth the update I have cheek on a site and my phone does Most of what the 902 update does.

try it out man..you can always go back to .893

thanks meter:100

blankman69

Feb 9, 2010
Sorry guys it's been months since I've done anything with my phone. I'm curious as to what path I should follow to update to .902. I am currently running Liberty3 v2. System Version is .886. I don't remember if I am using the .901 version as it's been to long. I do remember screwing with it for the forever root when that first came to light. Nandroid -> Stock .886 -> .892 -> .901 or .902 ? My Goal is to be on Gummy .9 at the end of this. Been a while and just want to make sure this is the correct path.

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

If you're rooted and you've either frozen or deleted bloatware, then any OTA updates will fail. The fastest way to get from .893 to .902 in your situation is just to grab the .902 FXZ

Believe it or not, there are significant improvements to radio behavior and system stability in .902. They wouldn't have released it if it didn't do anything for us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a List Of All The Updates For the Bionic

Note: Start On Stock
    Flash in Stock Recovery
    (How To)
    Power Down. Hold both up+down buttons, then turn it on. Use the down button to scroll to the "recover" option, then press up to select. Once the screen changes to a new icon, hit both up and down again. You'll be in the stock android recovery menu.

And I thank mlapaglia as he/she posted the link to where i found the rest. ARIGATO!!!
    First to thank you. THANK YOU!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

No prob... I was a little surprised that no one created this thread yet but oh well CHEERS!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
    Question, I am currently on Eclispsed V2.0, with a 5.7.893 update patch level, if I want to update to the latest 902 do I need to flash back to stock, then 901, 902?

You should be able to flash .902 in stock recovery with no problems since your on .893. But I should tell you I'm not sure that version of Eclipse is compatible with the .902 update. You might have to get back to stock because of that rom. Another idea. If your at a computer or you dont care whats on your Internal SDcard THIS THREAD will get you to .902 with no problems. It does wipe INTERNAL SDcard so if want that stuff save it somewhere on your PC or put it on your External Sdcard.