Xoom-Sandbox: No Write permissions on any Partition [WIPE, Flash nothing works]

Search This thread

crackmaniac

Mar 15, 2008
I try it on this Subforum again because i think its more fitting than the FAQ-Subforum.
Hopefuly ist ok

First of all I'm sorry because of my english.

I have an MZ604 with Team Eos ICS 1.0.0 on it
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1484770
But i got a huge Problem with my Xoom.

A couple of days ago I mentioned that my Xoom is like in Steady State.

Every changes (Install Apps, uninstall, Move Widgets etc. ) I made are lost after reboot.
That was the Point I decide to wipe and flash a new Rom.
But it doesn't work. After reboot I'm back on my state before wiping, with all Apps and settings.
I tried wiping with CWM and via Fastboot from PC.
I also tried to install the StockRom from Motorola.
http://developer.motorola.com/produ...pportforums&utm_term=unlockboard&pubid=987654
But nothing works.

It looks like, that i haven't any rights to write to the Flashmemory.
Every changes i do seems to be only on RAM and are undone after a reboot.
Its the same with formating the partitions, flash ROMs or even install/unistall an app

All done without an errormessage but after reboot nothing changed.

Please give me a Hint how I can make my Xoom useable again
Greetz
Crackmaniac

Last edited:

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
Did you lock your bootloader again after installing the stock ROM?

I would attempt to install the stock ROM and then lock the bootloader, boot the ROM, attempt the updates and see what happens.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

crackmaniac

Mar 15, 2008
yes i tried the complete procedure from the developer.motorola page.

On the Screen of the tablet are no errors.
Every flash of the partitions with img files proceeds with done.
Also the Fastboot oem lock.
But after the reboot my configured systems is shown up.
See attechments

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

crackmaniac

Mar 15, 2008
no, i unlocked the device.

and because of the data on it, which i can't delete i don't want to send the tablet to motorola.

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
Try to wipe all the partitions and lock the bootloader. Don't reinstall anything. Then try to boot. If that works then send it in.

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
No idea. This is a unique issue. Motorola is about all I can suggest, but with the unlocked bootloader that won't be a good idea.

crackmaniac

Mar 15, 2008
Yeah that's my problem.... and all the data on it whicht I'm not abled to delete.

But i will try to send ist back to amazon.
In germany in the first 6 Month the dealer has to prove that's my quilty that the product is broken, no matter what the manufacturer says about the warranty.
And i don't think that amazon is able to prove that's my fault.
The argument, that an CustomRom could damage a device is not a proof that it has done.

blakejohnson86

Nov 8, 2009
Plymouth, MN
If rooted, this is probably a quick fix.

$ fastboot erase userdata

That should solve any problems with /data/ file system issues that causes it to remount as read-only.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jnc8651

Feb 9, 2007
San Antonio
I had something like this happen awhile back to me. It had this issue and apps kept crashing as they could not write to the /data partition.

I ended up booting in to android rescue and unmounted the data partition then i fsck'ed it. i did it two times and it apparently had a TON of FS errors and once it finished i booted back up and i dident have issues with apps crashing
and the /data partition was mounted rw instead of ro

crackmaniac

Mar 15, 2008
After sending back to amazon i first got an offer to repair the Xoom on my costs. It was about 290€ :D .
The offer was not directly from Amazon, but from an repairservice charged with this.

After an nice but hard e-mail directly to Amazon i got an complete new Xoom without any trouble.

ioish

Nov 10, 2012
After sending back to amazon i first got an offer to repair the Xoom on my costs. It was about 290€ :D .
The offer was not directly from Amazon, but from an repairservice charged with this.

After an nice but hard e-mail directly to Amazon i got an complete new Xoom without any trouble.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me my warranty is over, so I'll have to keep trying to find another solution. :(