Completely dead, unresponsive phone

Search This thread

badbwoydes

Sep 2, 2010
Kingston
Hey guys,
I can't believe what happened to my phone. It was working perfectly up until a few hours ago.
I tried flashing ElementalX v8 which I have been running for months with no issues, as I wanted to change some of the settings. After the flash, it showed it was successful, but there was also another line similar to "E: cannot mount partition". Can't remember exactly. I went to wipe cache and dalvic manually as I always do, then saw a few more lines that looked similar to that, then after tapping Reboot the System, my phone powered off and hasn't worked since. The battery was at 21% and plugged in at the time, which I suppose is risky, but i've never had a prob before. I flash ROMs. radios and kernels a lot.

My phone will literally not do anything at all right now. The LED isn't even on while it's plugged in to it's wall charger, it won't vibrate, flash anything on the screen. Absolutely nothing :(
I have tried holding power button for up to a minute while plugged in and unplugged, and also, held volume down and power for up to a minute while plugged in and unplugged.

When I connect it to my PC, it shows a device with a driver error "qhsusb_dload". From my research, it seems that I will need to send it for JTAG service or try the steps in the "unbrick evita" thread, which I will, after leaving it plugged in overnight.

I would like to know:
Can I resolve this by purchasing a used Logic board, either from the AT&T or International version?
Can a replacement battery resolve this? A friend has the same phone with a broken LCD that he's scrapping
Is there any possibility it will start working again if it was just left plugged in for hours?

I am in Jamaica and this is a really sticky situation for me. I can't even get a phone out here to use a MicroSIM :-/

I'd appreciate any help at all. Thanks

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Firstly, it is the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)? Where did you download the kernel?

I think you are one of the very rare and unlucky people whose phone has bricked for no apparent reason. A battery will not fix it because your partitions are screwed. The only options you have see these:

1. Leave the phone connected to a charger overnight (or at least eight hours) and try to power it on again. This option only has a very slim chance of working.

2. Replace the motherboard.

3. Jtag repair.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: badbwoydes

badbwoydes

Sep 2, 2010
Kingston
Firstly, it is the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)? Where did you download the kernel?

I think you are one of the very rare and unlucky people whose phone has bricked for no apparent reason. A battery will not fix it because your partitions are screwed. The only options you have see these:

1. Leave the phone connected to a charger overnight (or at least eight hours) and try to power it on again. This option only has a very slim chance of working.

3. Jtag repair.

Sent from my Evita

Thank you for the reply.
I have the AT&T One X 16GB Model. The Kernel I has was from these forums as well, which I used numerous times before. I just wanted to flas it again to change the settings so the kernel file itself has been on my phone for quite a while now.

Is this the only part i'll need to get?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATT-HTC-One...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4d1859d891

I will still attempt the guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1966850 and here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2226445

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
That looks like the right part to be, except that it's a 32gb model, which I don't think would be a problem. It's definitely worth trying this unbricking methods, but successful attempts are pretty rare. I think you're about the third person I've seen brick after flashing the Elemental kernel.

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Can a replacement battery resolve this? A friend has the same phone with a broken LCD that he's scrapping

Its not a battery issue. As timmaaa mentioned, something went wrong with the flash (as it has happened to a couple others). JTAG is probably your best bet, or replacing the board.

falcon66

Mar 28, 2013
This probably wont help but I had a bad flash of twrp not long ago. Flashed the recovery and the phone died on reboot. I hooked it up to the computer and i got "qhsusb_dload" in device manager. I thought it was bricked for sure. Anyway while i was trying different things, I held the power button on for a long time and it started up again. It didn't have a recovery but i flashed 2.6.3 again and it has been fine ever since. Thinking that i was one of the lucky ones though. I guess you have already tried that though.

badbwoydes

Sep 2, 2010
Kingston
This probably wont help but I had a bad flash of twrp not long ago. Flashed the recovery and the phone died on reboot. I hooked it up to the computer and i got "qhsusb_dload" in device manager. I thought it was bricked for sure. Anyway while i was trying different things, I held the power button on for a long time and it started up again. It didn't have a recovery but i flashed 2.6.3 again and it has been fine ever since. Thinking that i was one of the lucky ones though. I guess you have already tried that though.

Hi. When you said died on reboot, do you mean you chose the option for it to reboot then it never turned back on? Mine is literally and totally dead. It does absolutely nothing and when it's plugged in to my PC it shows "qhsusb_dload"
How long did you hold the power button? I've held mine for about 3 minutes now.

falcon66

Mar 28, 2013
Hi. When you said died on reboot, do you mean you chose the option for it to reboot then it never turned back on? Mine is literally and totally dead. It does absolutely nothing and when it's plugged in to my PC it shows "qhsusb_dload"
How long did you hold the power button? I've held mine for about 3 minutes now.

It was less that 3 minutes. I flashed the recovery in fastboot, rebooted and it didn't start. No led when plugged into the charger. Showed "qhsusb_dload" in the my computer's device manager. It was just dead. It was the right recovery for the phone, just the modified 2.6.3 version for 4.4.2 roms. After I got it going again, I flashed the normal version. I have since flashed the modified one again and it was fine. I don't really know why it happened.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Jtag repair.

Sent from my Evita