[Q] My Htc rezound dont start after custom rom.

Search This thread

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
Hi all my first post :)

Im from Sweden 27 years and a total noob @ android and custom roms :/
Well i have this phone HTC rezound and ill found it in my dumpster today.

Did not start because no battery so after 4 hours load it went on :) i'm very happy.
Did not accept my sim card (Sweden) So i thinked oo well lets install custom rom.

It had something called clockwork pre installed & superuser ..+++much more i wanted a fresh install.

i put over ev_vigor-4.0.0b1-20140128-kitkat all went fine after it said install update..there was a map called update i ok i went then "error"
i eas **** no? Rly? well did a rs bam only load to htc screen then nothing .....plz help me :)

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
Hi all my first post :)

Im from Sweden 27 years and a total noob @ android and custom roms :/
Well i have this phone HTC rezound and ill found it in my dumpster today.

Did not start because no battery so after 4 hours load it went on :) i'm very happy.
Did not accept my sim card (Sweden) So i thinked oo well lets install custom rom.

It had something called clockwork pre installed & superuser ..+++much more i wanted a fresh install.

i put over ev_vigor-4.0.0b1-20140128-kitkat all went fine after it said install update..there was a map called update i ok i went then "error"
i eas **** no? Rly? well did a rs bam only load to htc screen then nothing .....plz help me :)

plz help me RESCUE MODE

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
How do i know that? :)
I found this phone in a dumpster :)

seams like on button is broken :/ phone random switch on :/ and only when phone wants :)

i was gonna say pull battery and place it back in and then at the same time hold volume down and power..if your s-on you can just flash a rom and have it boot....you have to flash the rom and fastboot flash its kernel from your pc in order for it to work...if your s-off you dont have to worry about this...a quick search in the rezound forums will answer all your questions..but if needed ill be glad to further help

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
i was gonna say pull battery and place it back in and then at the same time hold volume down and power..if your s-on you can just flash a rom and have it boot....you have to flash the rom and fastboot flash its kernel from your pc in order for it to work...if your s-off you dont have to worry about this...a quick search in the rezound forums will answer all your questions..but if needed ill be glad to further help

when i press start+volym down i come to a screen.

****unlocked****
vigor pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.10.0000
eMMc-boot
oct 5 2011,21.18:48

hboot

<vol up> to previous items
<vol down> to next item
<power> to select item

fastboot
recovery
factory reset
clear storage
simlock
image crc

*****************EDIT*****************************
Ok i downloaded "cm-11-20140127-UNOFFICIAL-vigor.zip"
Put it on my sd card went to recovery removed and wiped all ****.
Installed all done RS=htc logo only :/ i am doing something wrong.....:)

http://i.imgur.com/RVtrYLI.png

uqRoVBZ.jpg

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
****unlocked****
vigor pvt ship s-on rl

*****************EDIT*****************************
Ok i downloaded "cm-11-20140127-UNOFFICIAL-vigor.zip"
Put it on my sd card went to recovery removed and wiped all ****.
Installed all done RS=htc logo only :/ i am doing something wrong.....:)

ok you are s-on....you can do 1 of 2 things to make this quick. download the android sdk program as it has the fastboot tool built in or dig around for the rezound all in one toolkit which also containing same fastboot tool...you use command prompt in windows 7 to do it...or if you have ubuntu this is installed by default...what you gotta do is extract the boot.img from that rom itself that you are flashing and place it in the same folder as your fastboot tool....put phone in hboot with volume down and power to get to that screen and select fastboot by tapping power button to do so.....plug the phone in and youll see it now says fastboot usb...now in command prompt or terminal cd into that folder that contains the fastboot tool and type this command. fastboot flash boot boot.img then press enter and it will flash the boot.img and your phone will fully boot up

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
ok you are s-on....you can do 1 of 2 things to make this quick. download the android sdk program as it has the fastboot tool built in or dig around for the rezound all in one toolkit which also containing same fastboot tool...you use command prompt in windows 7 to do it...or if you have ubuntu this is installed by default...what you gotta do is extract the boot.img from that rom itself that you are flashing and place it in the same folder as your fastboot tool....put phone in hboot with volume down and power to get to that screen and select fastboot by tapping power button to do so.....plug the phone in and youll see it now says fastboot usb...now in command prompt or terminal cd into that folder that contains the fastboot tool and type this command. fastboot flash boot boot.img then press enter and it will flash the boot.img and your phone will fully boot up

y6AYg5e.png

i have clockworkmod recovery on phone ? whats that?

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Wow so fkin g*y been sitting here and reinstall driver+progs try new things...asked my self if i'm dumb and cant follow guides.
Yeah im on Windows 8.1 x64.

yeah windows 8 is very incompatible with alot of drivers for a mass majority of devices...good news is phone is still fixable...bad news is youll have to install linux or downgrade to windows 7...or use a seperate computer that does have windows 7

Last edited:

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
yeah windows 8 is very incompatible with alot of drivers for a mass majority of devices...good news is phone is still fixable...band news is youll have to install linux or downgrade to windows 7...or use a seperate computer that does have windows 7

Was omw to install radi-o so i just install it with windows 7x64, will it work?

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Was omw to install radi-o so i just install it with windows 7x64, will it work?

with proper drivers and such yes...there is methods for flashing radio while s-on....same method almost....i really suggest while on a windows 7 pc to gain s-off using rumrunner method as it will make your life alot easier....as you will not have to flash the boot.img with every rom while s-off

derileec

Feb 19, 2014
with proper drivers and such yes...there is methods for flashing radio while s-on....same method almost....i really suggest while on a windows 7 pc to gain s-off using rumrunner method as it will make your life alot easier....as you will not have to flash the boot.img with every rom while s-off

Hi i found an old computer with xp x32 fastboot worked gr8.
I think i still did something wrong :) couse this rom was for s-off :/ well lol @ me Can some sweet soul point out an room+kernel+boot

for My phone that will remove that pice of **** verizon thing?Or better to go putt S-off with wire trick? is it healthy?

11cfaso.jpg

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hi i found an old computer with xp x32 fastboot worked gr8.
I think i still did something wrong :) couse this rom was for s-off :/ well lol @ me Can some sweet soul point out an room+kernel+boot

for My phone that will remove that pice of **** verizon thing?Or better to go putt S-off with wire trick? is it healthy?

11cfaso.jpg

dude with rummrunner method you dont need a wire trick....but you do need to be on custom kernel like funky kernel and a non stock sense rom and custom recovery like cwm....also being on a non sense rom will get rid of that verizon message