[AOSP] SEAndroid - Android for the security conscious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abimael08

Jan 9, 2013
Delaware The Great Boring State
Cough, cough look who founded tor and that's darn secure

Sent by mobile telephone.

COUGH, COUGH...Shut up!!! Your always going around just posting random OT and unrelated ROM posts and contributing nothing valuable.

Op forgive me, but all this OT and people not searching is pointless, stupid, and immature.

However, I do want to thank you for your work and contributing to the Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Yeah I'm pretty interested in this myself... Your 3/11 build won't flash for me with twrp 2.7.0.0. Also, even if it did boot... I would need a camera

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
I would do an update and see if it catches more people since I was using it and I liked it.

I didn't download because of camera not working, maybe you could fix that pl0x? :)

Yeah I'm pretty interested in this myself... Your 3/11 build won't flash for me with twrp 2.7.0.0. Also, even if it did boot... I would need a camera

Then I'll try to sort the camera and push out another build.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I must admit as a former student of networking security this does interest me. There's an app you can look into that secures texts and encrypts the database. It's called TextSecure on the market. Don't know if using a third party app in itself is secure or not.. But it seems to do the job unless the government is after you. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Rather have a grsec kernel than this. Still, nice effort. Thanks for sharing.

a hammerhead wrote this.

Dc_striker

Jan 6, 2008
Las Vegas
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this android build FULLY open source? Because i don't kinda trust the NSA

Yet you're on a public forum using part of your name as your username, on an operating system that is designed by a company whose entire business model has been to collect your personal information and sell it to advertising companies, built on a phone which uses a voice and data standard which is not only intercepted but collected and stored into massive searchable archives. Face it, whether or not you trust the NSA, they've got dozens of different vectors into your digital life if they wanted to.

Open source doesn't guarantee security or privacy, please don't kid yourself. If you don't understand what OP is trying to do, this build of Android is not for you.
    SEAndroid - Android for the security conscious!
    Disclaimer said:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and you alone.
    */

SEAndroid is a secure Android fork designed to plug the holes that Android currently has.

Code:
                            [b][u]Current Feature List[/u][/b]

Mandatory access control
    SELinux improvements
    Minimalist installation

Code:
                               [b][u]Future features:[/u][/b]

Cherry-picked improvements from other projects such as CM/AOKP.

Code:
                               [b][u]Known Issues:[/u][/b]

Camera isn't working (anybody know the reason?)

Download!
    The first boot will take a while, be patient.​

XDA:DevDB Information
    SEAndroid, a ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    abtekk
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-11
    Last Updated 2014-03-11
    I would do an update and see if it catches more people since I was using it and I liked it.

I didn't download because of camera not working, maybe you could fix that pl0x? :)

Then I'll try to sort the camera and push out another build.
    Sadly, I've accepted the fact that I am completely "on the grid".

-Paranoid Nexus 5-
    Is this android build FULLY open source? Because i don't kinda trust the NSA

Then you really should stop using technology altogether. Not being a **** or a jerk, just saying.

Sent from my Google/LGE Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) using XDA Premium 4