Moto Droid X Otterbox

Search This thread

mmaibl2011

Feb 22, 2010
Hey all,

I know the case isnt out yet, but how long does it usually take them to release it after the phone has been released?

tsanuri

Apr 20, 2010
When you consider there is still not an otterbox for the Incredible or Desire that have been out much longer do not expect one anytime soon.

tmmedic20

Feb 1, 2009
Usually a year but seidio already has a case out and extended battery. I personally like seidio over otter box.

And yes I know its not 360 protection like otter.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

fiktion

Apr 22, 2008
Deer Park, TX
I dunno. The iPhone 4's case is already out, and that phone is not even close to a year old. I guess it just depends on the popularity of that particular device. Hopefully it's released soon because I work in the oil industry, and my phone is likely to see accidental abuse (if it ever ships)!

tsanuri

Apr 20, 2010
I dunno. The iPhone 4's case is already out, and that phone is not even close to a year old. I guess it just depends on the popularity of that particular device. Hopefully it's released soon because I work in the oil industry, and my phone is likely to see accidental abuse (if it ever ships)!

This is the one place when talking about how many handsets of a single phone can come into play and mean something. Since the iPhone sells so many handsets they have a built in market for the product where for android our market is spread across many handsets. So if you were making a case it only makes sense to make it first and right away for the one that sells so many instead of 20 differnet ones.

tsanuri

Apr 20, 2010
One of their reps told me their "average" time to market was 2 months after release.

They are trying to get better about dates but 2 months is garbage. They still do not have a case for the Incredible, Desire or EVO all have been out over 2 months and the first two have been out 4 months.

faber78

Aug 18, 2010
Finally just bought regular case and a zag screen protector. Not waiting around anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

ngsm13

Jul 23, 2010
I don't understand how people can take such a slim and sexy phone... and then bulk it up with one of these gigantic cases...

nG

benclayton

Jul 23, 2010

Consider how many iPhones per day are sold versus how many Droid X devices. It's really in Otterbox's best interest to cater to the iPhone first and foremost.

evilkal

Jul 14, 2010
The case I have on my X atm is actually pretty slim and has saved it from being mangled twice already. Even with the case it is still just as slim as my Samsung Eternity is (my AT&T phone).