Wired Magazine App

Search This thread

ecuellar

Nov 11, 2007
Can someone with the Wired Magazine app installed in his Kindle, extract the apk and post it?

Or someone can download it form the Amazon Android Market? I tried it, but it says that only can be run at Kindle.

I want to tried it on another tablet.

Regards

bluenadas

Apr 13, 2011
Houston
I believe this is on the kindle list of apps....I think I saw it under the newsstand items

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

lukenova

Apr 2, 2007
Jonesboro AR
I just tried to install this on my thunderbolt. It told me I didn't own the app and sent me to the amazon app store. Then it said I couldn't "buy" the app (its free) in this device.
Can someone get us around this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
Ahh never mind. You pay for a subscription after you download it.

Last edited:

lukenova

Apr 2, 2007
Jonesboro AR
its a free app. i don't see how allowing me to use it on another android device would be pirating. I have a subscription to the WIRED print magazine. I'm not asking for illegal access to the magazine content. I just want to be able to use their app on my phone.

downscj

Dec 16, 2007
I just tried to install this on my thunderbolt. It told me I didn't own the app and sent me to the amazon app store. Then it said I couldn't "buy" the app (its free) in this device.

First, go to the Amazon app store online. Search for the Wired magazine app there and buy it there. It will warn you that none of your available devices support the app. Go ahead and buy it anyway (since it is free). You can now launch the app. You'll need a Wired Magazine account and Adobe air for it to work.

Reactions: slshults

ecuellar

Nov 11, 2007
I tried. I enter my subscription number, and ask me to sign in. Unfortunatelly, there is no sign in screen, button.

gd1147

Nov 27, 2010
I believe you have to register by clicking on the banner saying "Already a subscriber" after that you should then be able to log on using the email address you register with by clicking the tiny Sign In link above the banner on the top left corner.

I have been using this app on the iPad for months and I can access all the issues I own in paper and have the ability to buy past issues beyond my paper subscription. On the fire app I can only access issue 19.11 and after 19.12 arrived in the mail I could download it on the ipad but not on the fire. Anyone else with this experience?

ecuellar

Nov 11, 2007
I already did that (registered), but I never get the Sign In link. I have the iPad subscription too. And same as you, I can get (on the ipad), the December one.

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
I believe you have to register by clicking on the banner saying "Already a subscriber" after that you should then be able to log on using the email address you register with by clicking the tiny Sign In link above the banner on the top left corner.

I have been using this app on the iPad for months and I can access all the issues I own in paper and have the ability to buy past issues beyond my paper subscription. On the fire app I can only access issue 19.11 and after 19.12 arrived in the mail I could download it on the ipad but not on the fire. Anyone else with this experience?

Similar experience, but with GQ magazine.

gd1147

Nov 27, 2010
Wired Support

Just a FYI, contacted Wired support and they are only making content for November issues forward.

av8tr

Oct 21, 2009
Northern Illinois
I subscribe to Wired Magazine. The posted .apk works great on my Evo View. After signing up and logging in, I had to log out and log back in order to get the issues to show as "purchased."

mikebeatrice

Jan 13, 2010
Since this seems to be the charity thread.... any chance someone could post the Entertainment Weekly app? It's another that still requires a separate subscription but the app is only available to kindle fire in the amazon store. Already tried the route of getting it through the web app store but it was no dice.

Apr 29, 2010
I tried. I enter my subscription number, and ask me to sign in. Unfortunatelly, there is no sign in screen, button.

You sign in at the top left of the wired app main page. It's up at the very top.

Also this thread has nothing to do with Android Development, please use some consideration when creating threads. There is a section under Amazon Kindle Fire called Themes and Apps, this thread should have went there instead of cluttering up the Android Development. Granted it's not a major foul but please just use some common sense people.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidcues

TascoKid

Aug 10, 2009
New York
Muchas gracias! I wasn't able to download this directly from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" for some reason. I downloaded it to my hackintosh and copied it to the SD card, and installed it from there, once the mandatory Adobe Air installed first. It complains every time I open it or start a download of an issue, but I just hit "quit" each time. Log in worked, and I can now download and read Wired on my Tab! Yahoo...! The January and February 2012 issues are 126 and 178 MB each, but the December and November '11 issues are 371 MB and 261 MB respectively! And I'm sure that's their compressed size. Those must be the only Android-compatible issues because that's all that shows up in the library. On my GF's iPad I see everything available since my subscription started.

Correction: the warning dialog only comes up when I start the app and try to log in. Once I've cancelled the dialog viewing the issues is perfect.

Last edited:

slshults

Dec 1, 2007
You sign in at the top left of the wired app main page. It's up at the very top.

Also this thread has nothing to do with Android Development, please use some consideration when creating threads. There is a section under Amazon Kindle Fire called Themes and Apps, this thread should have went there instead of cluttering up the Android Development. Granted it's not a major foul but please just use some common sense people.

On my Motorola Xoom running Virtuous Inquisition v3 (ICS) I can register, and I see the little red arrow pointing up, with the phrase "Already have access? Sign in above" but there is nothing above the arrow. The word "Wired" appears in the center of the bar at the top, and there's a gear-shaped menu icon in the upper-right, but the only item on the menu is "Restore all purchases" which does nothing but bring up the incorrect "No internet connection" message.

So close, yet so far away. You'd think Conde Nast could afford to hire decent Android Devs.

Reactions: emmfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go guys
    Could someone grab the latest version, 2.9 I believe?

Thanks

There's a copy here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1925636

Has black bars in the magazine view on the Nexus 7, though they support the Kindle Fire HD at the same resolution.

First, go to the Amazon app store online. Search for the Wired magazine app there and buy it there. It will warn you that none of your available devices support the app. Go ahead and buy it anyway (since it is free). You can now launch the app. You'll need a Wired Magazine account and Adobe air for it to work.

On my Motorola Xoom running Virtuous Inquisition v3 (ICS) I can register, and I see the little red arrow pointing up, with the phrase "Already have access? Sign in above" but there is nothing above the arrow. The word "Wired" appears in the center of the bar at the top, and there's a gear-shaped menu icon in the upper-right, but the only item on the menu is "Restore all purchases" which does nothing but bring up the incorrect "No internet connection" message.

So close, yet so far away. You'd think Conde Nast could afford to hire decent Android Devs.