help me please

Search This thread

kenyanscott

Feb 3, 2013
glasgow
hi everyone!

got a few things going on, and im looking for some help with them:

1. I use kindlefree pro - great app - i was testing some dfferent launchers and decided to stick with ADW but now I cant uninstall any of the others, I have Apex and Go on there but i have no options to uninstall them - can you help?

2. I am trying to install themes using ADW and All i have is a black background and the icons, nothing seems to be changing - have i done something wrong?

3. Everytime I reset my kindle (flights etc....) I have to reinstall the kindle reading app - is there a work around?

any help will be much appreciated!

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
To remove the other launchers install es file explorer, goto its settings choose root settings, and check off mount filesystem, then goto /system/app and delete the other launchers you installed, just be careful not to delete any other important files in there or u may brick or kindle.

Thought I'd mention I use a older version of es file explorer because I like the I interface more, don't know where the option is in the newest version since the is completely different.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Last edited:

kenyanscott

Feb 3, 2013
glasgow
That's two out of three.

Just need to work out how to stop kindle app from having to be re installed every time I restart my kindle!!!

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Um I am not running a,axon and don't remember if that's what it was, but at one poi t did u accidentally update an Amazon component in the Google play store? I thought the component listed was the kindle book app or something but I don't remember. Whatever I'm thinking of is I thought I heard it bricks your kindle if it updates so if u haven't updated then don't do so, but if u have maybe this is the result instead of what I thought was a brick. Either that or it has something good with you using a alternative launcher. Those are my best guesses.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app