never ending sd card issues

Search This thread

rspear

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 7T
i have tried several roms, sd fix apps, and have modified the platform.xml manually and gave permissions to the mnt folder.
Nothing lets me write to my 64gb card anymore.
I've tried formatting the card via phone and pc disk management and several format exFAT utilities.
Nothing works.

Is my sd card screwed?

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
i have tried several roms, sd fix apps, and have modified the platform.xml manually and gave permissions to the mnt folder.
Nothing lets me write to my 64gb card anymore.
I've tried formatting the card via phone and pc disk management and several format exFAT utilities.
Nothing works.

Is my sd card screwed?

Go in to system etc then platform and make sure it looks like this

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

rspear

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 7T
yeah, i've done that. ever since i moved to a kitkat rom 6 months ago, i've only been able to read from it. Even when plugged into a sd card adapter in PC.
I don't know how my sd card got corrupt.

Oct 11, 2012
Evansville
I had that same issue and it is a simple fix, at least for me. I was embarrassed to know what it was. Anyways. On the SD card adapter you use to insert into the PC is a lock slide knob like mechanism. If you locked it then you will have your issues. Put it back in that adapter and slide it the other way. At least it worked for me after weeks of research.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Oct 11, 2012
Evansville
1409017871053.jpg

Attachments

• 1409017871053.jpg
    1409017871053.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 31

rspear

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 7T
I had that same issue and it is a simple fix, at least for me. I was embarrassed to know what it was. Anyways. On the SD card adapter you use to insert into the PC is a lock slide knob like mechanism. If you locked it then you will have your issues. Put it back in that adapter and slide it the other way. At least it worked for me after weeks of research.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

yeah, i've tried the adapter locked and unlocked. no luck.

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York

If you try to format and it says successful but all your original files are still there, there's a good chance the card is corrupt. This happened to me recently. I was still able to read the files so I backed the card up and had it replaced through SanDisk warranty.

Reactions: rspear

dartmouthy

Dec 2, 2010
Halifax
This tool saved my life on a 32 GB Card - not sure if it's relevant to the OP, but anything is worth a try after a certain point, you know? lol. The low level format using this tool took around 11 hours, significantly longer than the built-in windows format... it was an overnighter. I went from the card un-mounting anytime I tried to copy a file over (While I had borked my ROM and was trying to copy a new rom over to flash, of course!), to having no issues whatsoever. I really thought I was going to have to buy a new card but... HP Format tool to the rescue!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you try to format and it says successful but all your original files are still there, there's a good chance the card is corrupt. This happened to me recently. I was still able to read the files so I backed the card up and had it replaced through SanDisk warranty.