Must have latest....

~m8whl on the Always Solid ViperOneM8 Latest
Hypernova mako_hotplug kernel at 2.572 Max ¦ 300 Min ¦ 1.190 Sleep
intellidemand
row

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Just proves, Humanity is very susceptible to the placebo effect... How many new things have we bought, just because they're new and therefore better, only to find out we spent a couple hundred dollars on a piece crap.

Firewater hboot DOES NOT work on latest firmware for me. Causes all kinds of issues that are normally invisible to people who dont use those features. It is not placebo, you are obviously a 1%er on this issue

Sinistertensai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2010
Boston
Google Pixel 6
Just proves, Humanity is very susceptible to the placebo effect... How many new things have we bought, just because they're new and therefore better, only to find out we spent a couple hundred dollars on a piece crap.

not placebo, things are updated in newer hboots things relating to the new source code. yes you can run older hboots with newer roms/firmware but it leads to issues overall. Mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, while I see that there was a hboot list already posted, but it was not said how it was done. So I decided to work on this and post how..

NOTE: You will need hex edit skills, and knowledge. Bricking your device is your own fault. I take no blame, nor do I feel bad if you cant read.

For SOFF to SON mask
    Find S-OFF
    Replace the First F with an N and the second with a space.

RED TEXT REMOVAL:
    Find the red text that is listed on the screen when booting. You will find it, just ctrl+f. Now replace letters with the space.
    DO NOT REPLACE 00 IN HEX. IF YOU SEE 2E YOU DO REPLACE IT WITH 20

REMOVE TAMPERED
    Find TAMPERED
    overwrite the *** TAMPERED *** with all spaces. DO NOT get anything beyond that scope.

More mods on the way. Starting with the removal of Powered by android from the bottom.

THIS IS FOR SPRINT ONLY!!!
    DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 665c0b2e7a60e8c698da43a4ae372e21

After checking md5 to flash
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip m8_whl_hbootmod.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Done! Enjoy your hboot. Please note this is just for educational purposes, and I posted the hboot so if your learning you can compare :) There is another thread, and this is how he did it.

For splash screens:
    For stock HTC splash without "powered by android" at bottom -> here
    MD5: 94348f2b13f9020267f57dee0dd2fa47

Stock htc no android YELLOW HTC logo -> here
    MD5: 5b498645995f4df4a4523e87d9bc969f

To flash:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip nameof.zip
    fastboot reboot

Enjoy!
    Added splash screens to OP
    This thread is now closed. Links available for download, discussion however, will not go on in this way
    Can we replace the splash1.img with myowncreation.img?

Yeah. But they use a new bmp color scheme now...that's how I got the yellow . Total accident

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Yeah. But they use a new bmp color scheme now...that's how I got the yellow . Total accident

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of using something like this...