Galaxy Note Offical Flip Case and Flexishield Reviews

Search This thread

Mrglass86

Jul 3, 2011
that is great, i was on the fence with the flip cover for a bit, thank you for going the extra bit and getting both!

I had the craziest of ideas but do you think with a little bit of patience and modding that you would be able to put a slice in the gel case and slip the back cover of the flip case through it and use both?

I am not sure when ill next be able to buy another phone seeing as this one started WWIII at my house and i think i may need to really baby it, i also think if its possible we might be able to use the gel case somehow to hold the flap down, tiny magnets, who knows, im just curious if you think this is possible

iBrummie

Nov 4, 2011
London
Flip Case is great, works like a dream and it's raised case protects the Camera Lens, unlike the factory fitted back, one slight issue is that the Note will not slip into the 'Official' car mount when it is in the Flip case. You can snip a bit from the case to help but due to the extra width (... ;-) ) it stands proud on the one edge.

Samsung naughty designers...

le3ky

Jan 10, 2010
www.droid-den.com
that is great, i was on the fence with the flip cover for a bit, thank you for going the extra bit and getting both!

I had the craziest of ideas but do you think with a little bit of patience and modding that you would be able to put a slice in the gel case and slip the back cover of the flip case through it and use both?

I am not sure when ill next be able to buy another phone seeing as this one started WWIII at my house and i think i may need to really baby it, i also think if its possible we might be able to use the gel case somehow to hold the flap down, tiny magnets, who knows, im just curious if you think this is possible

Ha, I actually tried this but must have forgot to mention it in the review. No modding required it does fit in. The case warps very very slightly on the left side where the flip case joint is, but it works reasonably well though!

Not sure about holding the flap down, but it only slightly lifts itself up, it sometimes lifts very high, but just pressing it down is enough to keep it down :p

tamerh

Feb 11, 2004
I am thinking about using both cases togather , would you send a picture please for using them togather ?

Jul 30, 2010
Been using my flip case for a couple of days. I wasn't sure at first but love it now.

Feels like part of the phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Mrglass86

Jul 3, 2011
I am thinking about using both cases togather , would you send a picture please for using them togather ?

+1 to this and also do you like your gel case enough that if you were to buy another it would be that one again or take your chances on one of the other gel cases out there? thanks for trying the two cases together too, im too broke to risk it not working.

tamarian

Jan 19, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate X2

+1

I'm thinking of just cutting the front flap and glue the side leather on top of the gel cover's side, close to the back cover's side, so it will have full range of motion. Reuse the original backcover for better fit. Then just a tiny velcro patch on the other side to keep it closed.

le3ky

Jan 10, 2010
www.droid-den.com

Ahh ok, I'll do this tonight :p

+1 to this and also do you like your gel case enough that if you were to buy another it would be that one again or take your chances on one of the other gel cases out there? thanks for trying the two cases together too, im too broke to risk it not working.

I don't think so, to be honest I'm not really a fan of gel cases anyway so I wouldn't buy any. Flexishield ones are the most popular gel ones tho :p

+1

I'm thinking of just cutting the front flap and glue the side leather on top of the gel cover's side, close to the back cover's side, so it will have full range of motion. Reuse the original backcover for better fit. Then just a tiny velcro patch on the other side to keep it closed.

Good idea, its better to keep the full range, because I would hate the flip cover if it didn't flip all the way around.

Reactions: Mrglass86

Carmageddon1984

Oct 8, 2010
+1

Please post pictures how you do that and what glue you use for it to hold for long time, and look aesthetic.

I would like to do the same probably :)

jeremy.chan

Jan 7, 2008
been using the flip case for about nearly a month now in tropical weather, and the edges of the flip top have "melted" and become sticky. ugh!

dan008

Sep 3, 2007
have been using it for the past 3 days since i got my phone, the edges of the thin silicon lining peeled off. Soon the leather cover is gonna go in a matters of weeks.

tamarian

Jan 19, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate X2
have been using it for the past 3 days since i got my phone, the edges of the thin silicon lining peeled off. Soon the leather cover is gonna go in a matters of weeks.

Took mine a couple of weeks, and now it's starting. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20111207_054031.jpg
    IMG_20111207_054031.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,091

ericshmerick

Apr 7, 2006
Found the original, sealed Samsung flip case on eBay from a US seller for $45 shipped.

Will be here in a few days. I'm stoked!

masiegel

Mar 28, 2010
The original Samsung flip case is not very good quality. Mine just started falling a part after one month

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

masiegel

Mar 28, 2010
Sorry but I haven't found the perfect protection for mine either.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ahh ok, I'll do this tonight :p

I don't think so, to be honest I'm not really a fan of gel cases anyway so I wouldn't buy any. Flexishield ones are the most popular gel ones tho :p

+1

Good idea, its better to keep the full range, because I would hate the flip cover if it didn't flip all the way around.