[Q] Mediatek Parrot (Iphone 4s clone) MT6573 Gooapple V5 3G

Search This thread
Hi everyone, i am new at this forum and android devices, i searched for 2 days but cannot find exact answers for my problem

I bought an iphone 4s clone which the seller said that name is Gooapple V5 3G, android 2.3.5 is installed on it, but when i installed antutu benchmark and look at the system info, it is written:

Phone Model:
Parrot

Brand:
Mediatek

CPU Hardware:
MT6573

CPU Model:
ARMv6 Processor

CPU Frequency:
634.06 MHz

Screen Resolution:
320x480

Android Version:

Build Number:
ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V3.9

Kernel:
Linux version 2.6.35.7 (root@microhand-server) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) #1 PREEMPT Thu Jun 28 14:01:43 CST 2012

and when i push '-' and power button together first Mediatek appears and after choosing version:

BB Chip: MT6573
MS Board. : lightning73_gg
Modem Ver. : MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V2, 2011/10/14 02.55
UBoot Ver. : 2010.06

is written.

First of all i am looking a rom which is android 4 for this phone. I searched for that and i saw that there are some phones with android 4.0 which has the MT6573 cpu. Do you know are there any rom like this which i can install on it? Are gooapple v5 3g roms compatible to this phone?

Also i installed the usb drivers for this phone and rooted the device, but i cant reach the sd card from pc, in my computer there occurs a removable device but not accesible. What is the solution of this?

Thanks

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
first of all, there are no mt6573 based smartphones out there, running android 4.0 . maybe someone is porting ICS to the mt6573, but right now i can not find 4.0 for it. there are phones put there with faked Android version, such as 4.0.9 or something.
yes, you can install different Roms on your device, but you have to port them first.

I have no answer for your question, maybe the SD card has a switch for read only?

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
ahh sorry, my fault. i just flight over your post, it was late. mybe some aditional informaton ( pictures of the phone, the back, the back without battery...
those version numbers or names can be faked easily, it is hard to say what phone you have with the given information. greets, chris

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
use this tool to backup your current working firmware:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1683883
and upload your Rom somewhere ( i only need boot.img and system.img ). I'm interested in the IOS interface and i can port almost all available mt6573 ROM's to your device.
I am currently working on a custom Rom with Cyanogenmod Settings,DSP manager, ICS themed , ext2 support and much more.
if you are interested, i can make you a flashable zipfile.

Attachments

• device-2013-02-24-190724.jpg
    device-2013-02-24-190724.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 361
  • device-2013-02-24-164912.jpg
    device-2013-02-24-164912.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 392
  • device-2013-02-12-061808.jpg
    device-2013-02-12-061808.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 333
w w w.4shared-china.com/rar/GyMPoJuc/mt6375-236gps_backup.html

this is the rom i m using on my phone, all .img files in it

i dont like ios interface because it has lots of differences from real ios interface, text characters, icons, menus have lots of mistakes

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
look at the pictures in my last post, this is a custom ROM made by me. the Mt6573 isn't that fast, but i tried to make a fast ROM for it.
it is working pretty fast right now, no chinese apps and a lot of customization you can do . there are a lot of ROM's out there, some are good, some are pretty bad. like i said, i can make a flashable zip for your device, so you can try out my ROM.

also i have another problem with the rom which i gave the link of it, the network problem

if the gsm signal become too low, restricted access changed - voice service blocked error occurs, in my home and office signal is too low so i cant use the phone, do you know any solution for this?

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
i will make one asap, maybe your networking problems are gone with my ROM. im from Germany, have no problems here with the signal at all.
maybe your smartphone is just ****ed up, we will see later.
you got these problem too, before you got the new ROM? maybe the Baseband drivers are wrong or something...

Press VOL + and power toegether, what Recovery shows up? a standart mediatek one or do you already have a custom recovery?

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
there you go! this is a clockworkmod recovery for your phone. just flash it with Flashtool and try it out! flashing a new rom becomes pretty easy with it. hope it will work, give me a quick response if it isn't working.
edit:
some minor tips: dont flash the preloader in any case, this could damage your phone, if it is the wrong one!!!
and always make a backup of the existing images!

Attachments

• recovery.img
    4.4 MB · Views: 188

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
the file i given you is ONLY the recovery, after flashing try it out with phone off and hold VOL+ and POWER, the recovery screen shows up with clockworkmod recovery.
the fully rom ( including boot.img and system.img) needs more work, i haven't the time to do it yet. just give me a day for it. porting a Rom to a diffrent screenresolution needs more work, cause my device is 480x800 pixels, yours only 320x480. i have to say, there can be some failures because of the different resolution, but this can be fixed easily.
the custom recovery i gave you is necessary for flashing new roms easily.

Last edited: