root for htc desire vc

Search This thread

thantin

Dec 27, 2011
Pathein
It is 100% worked for me. HTC Desire VC ics rom

First of all.....unlock bootloader with htcdeveloper webside.

download this package..h_t_t_p_s://hotfile.com/dl/167408315/e492864/HTC_desire_VC_root.rar.html

run the recovery bat file...while connecting the phone in fastboot usb mode.

and then enter into recovery mode and install root.zip.

I have found this recovery file from one of the china website and root.zip is modified by myself..

It is worked for me..

sorry for my English.....:D

Last edited:

99poison

Aug 27, 2012
Yangon
How to unlock bootloader for Desire vc ? How to switch S-ON to S-OFF for Desire vc? Help me.

Last edited:

r3ed

Sep 5, 2012
Problems rooting

Hey. I've been trying to root my phone. But I even haven't been able to unlock the bootloader. The fastboot just gets stuck at waiting for device and does not proceed. I have downloaded and installed the latest USB drivers from Google's Android SDK, but still fastboot does not list my device. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

morn_06

Aug 25, 2010
Shanghai, China
Hey. I've been trying to root my phone. But I even haven't been able to unlock the bootloader. The fastboot just gets stuck at waiting for device and does not proceed. I have downloaded and installed the latest USB drivers from Google's Android SDK, but still fastboot does not list my device. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?
>> I had the sample problem but i installed the HTC Sync Manager and then it worked.
It seems that the USB drivers of the device are not in the SDK from Google but in HTC's software.

i didn't understand how to "run the recovery bat file...while connecting the phone in fastboot usb mode." or "run bat file from desire vc recovery to install recovery.(phone in fastboot mode)"

EDIT: I've successfully rooted my phone!

Here is what you have to do:

1. Unlock bootloader (following htcdeveloper's instructions) - It took me sometime and i got stuck with the "waiting for device" for a while but then i installed HTC Sync Manager and i could finish that 1st step successfully. (When i go to the bootloaed i can see "Unlocked")

2. Copy the file "recovery.bat" (which was a chinese file "点我运行.bat" so i had to rename into "recovery.bat") at the root of the internal memory and i also put the folder "files" (which was with it from the .rar i downloaded) including: adb.exe / AdbWinApi.dll / AdbWinUsbApi.dll / fastboot.exe / recovery.img
(i'm not sure that is useful but i did it)

3. Copy the file "root.zip" at the root of the SD Card BUT rename it "update.zip"

4. Selected the "debugging mode" and "disk drive" as choice per default when i plug the USB cable

5. I restarted the device and go to the bootloader. (Pressing both "Power button" + "Volume -")

6. The menu is : Hboot / Fastboot / Recovery / Factory reset / Simlock
Choose "Fastboot" and plug the USB cable ("Fastboot" became "Fastboot USB")
From your computer, launch "recovery.bat" file, a window will appear, press "Enter" and wait a few seconds.

7.a. On your phone (you should have now a menu in chinese), select to the 2nd line (using the volume buttons) and press you power button
b. Select the line where you can see the words "SD" and "update.zip" between the chinese caracters and press the power button.
c. Wait a few seconds, you should see some messages and then confirmation of the root.

8. Your phone is rooted, you can reboot and enjoy :)

Press Thanks if it worked for you!

Last edited:

rajesh988

Nov 1, 2010
problem in root

>> I had the sample problem but i installed the HTC Sync Manager and then it worked.
It seems that the USB drivers of the device are not in the SDK from Google but in HTC's software.

i didn't understand how to "run the recovery bat file...while connecting the phone in fastboot usb mode." or "run bat file from desire vc recovery to install recovery.(phone in fastboot mode)"

1. Unlock bootloader (following htcdeveloper's instructions) - It took me sometime and i got stuck with the "waiting for device" for a while but then i installed HTC Sync Manager and i could finish that 1st step successfully. (When i go to the bootloaed i can see "Unlocked")

2. Copy the file "recovery.bat" (which was a chinese file "点我运行.bat" so i had to rename into "recovery.bat") at the root of the internal memory and i also put the folder "files" (which was with it from the .rar i downloaded) including: adb.exe / AdbWinApi.dll / AdbWinUsbApi.dll / fastboot.exe / recovery.img

3. Copy the file "root.zip" at the root of the SD Card BUT rename it "update.zip"

4. Selected the "debugging mode" and "disk drive" as choice per default when i plug the USB cable

5. I restarted the device and go to the bootloader. (Pressing both "Power button" + "Volume -")

From your computer, launch "recovery.bat" file, a window will appear, press "Enter" and wait a few seconds.
my problem is here only.after i pressed enter .i am not getting any chinese menu on my phone.please help

Last edited:

Brisatori

Aug 13, 2010
Hi,
I followed the instructions
But now when i'm started my phone I always get the menu like I'm starting my phone in fastbook mode... It won't restart normally..
Help please..

nikhilalobo

Jun 21, 2013
HELP !! trying to root my phone since three days

am able to only login to fastboot mode can proceed after that please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is 100% worked for me. HTC Desire VC ics rom

First of all.....unlock bootloader with htcdeveloper webside.

download this package..h_t_t_p_s://hotfile.com/dl/167408315/e492864/HTC_desire_VC_root.rar.html

run the recovery bat file...while connecting the phone in fastboot usb mode.

and then enter into recovery mode and install root.zip.

I have found this recovery file from one of the china website and root.zip is modified by myself..

It is worked for me..

sorry for my English.....:D

7.a. On your phone (you should have now a menu in chinese), select to the 2nd line (using the volume buttons) and press you power button
    b. Select the line where you can see the words "SD" and "update.zip" between the chinese caracters and press the power button.
    c. Wait a few seconds, you should see some messages and then confirmation of the root.

8. Your phone is rooted, you can reboot and enjoy :)

Press Thanks if it worked for you!
    Htc desire vc rooting helo

am able to only login to fastboot mode can proceed after that please help

waiting for a response plese help guys