Default,mms,supl turns into Internet+MMS

Search This thread

killacam1989

Oct 29, 2013
Florida
I booted up a rom and when you have to configure the apn settings. I had to originally put default,mms,supl,hipri (ect.) In the phone (which is what I would prefer) and after I restarted the phone a few times the configuration went to just Internet+MMS instead of the ones I had to type. Is there any reason why it keeps switching it? And more so..is there any way to prevent it from happining? My data speeds actually gets slower if its not on the "default,mms,supl,hipri"

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Those settings have nothing to do with your data speeds. They are specific to MMS.

There is no need to worry about it changing from the manual entry to that. It's the same exact settings.

killacam1989

Oct 29, 2013
Florida
Those settings have nothing to do with your data speeds. They are specific to MMS.

There is no need to worry about it changing from the manual entry to that. It's the same exact settings.

No. There is a dramatic diffrence in speed. I tested it and the speed of pulling up a web page(s) or anything is dramatically faster. And thats because I believe the hipri setting played a factor. Which I dont think is set on the "internet+mms" settings. I have always had blazing speeds when I manually input those settings. Even on 1 bar (if I wasnt throttled already) my data speeds were significantly faster than the current setup of "internet+mms"

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The flags don't make your phone magically faster or make the cell tower have priority to you, or what other theories people have about it. The flags are for what the phone does with the APNs. If you have multiple APNs and one has the default flag, then the phone will use that APN. Same thing for the MMS flag, the phone will use that APN for sending MMSs and so on. I don't know what SUPL is, but HIPRI just makes the APN have higher priority over other ones. Hope that clears up anything, and any performance increases might just be placebo or because you are reconnecting to the tower when changing APNs. If AT&T really had an option to increase data speeds, wouldn't you think they would have that turned on by default to prove they have a faster network?

killacam1989

Oct 29, 2013
Florida
The flags don't make your phone magically faster or make the cell tower have priority to you, or what other theories people have about it. The flags are for what the phone does with the APNs. If you have multiple APNs and one has the default flag, then the phone will use that APN. Same thing for the MMS flag, the phone will use that APN for sending MMSs and so on. I don't know what SUPL is, but HIPRI just makes the APN have higher priority over other ones. Hope that clears up anything, and any performance increases might just be placebo or because you are reconnecting to the tower when changing APNs. If AT&T really had an option to increase data speeds, wouldn't you think they would have that turned on by default to prove they have a faster network?

Right....so back to the original question. Is there a way to bring back the manual settings vs the "pre-built" ones where all you got to do is tick one.