[ROM|NK4|KitKat|4.4.4] Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.26b -BeastMode Kernel-

Search This thread

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
That's not possible since I'm not running an ad-blocker.

I'm curious if you actually use the ROM because of the way you make such a statement with such apparent certainty.
I most definitely am and had been since before KitKat and I was just saying what I read when doing a search but if that's not your issue then its not. I was only trying to help but I'm sure you got it squared away by now and if not I'm sure you will. Good luck with that bro!! :)

demetrios3

I most definitely am and had been since before KitKat and I was just saying what I read when doing a search but if that's not your issue then its not. I was only trying to help but I'm sure you got it squared away by now and if not I'm sure you will. Good luck with that bro!! :)

I didn't mean to jump down your throat dude, I'm just a tad frustrated with this issue. I don't think I'm running an ad blocker unless it's called something else and I'm not aware of it. I had Ad Aware once but removed i, what else can it be?

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
I didn't mean to jump down your throat dude, I'm just a tad frustrated with this issue. I don't think I'm running an ad blocker unless it's called something else and I'm not aware of it. I had Ad Aware once but removed i, what else can it be?
it wouldn't be an app you added. Its in xposed. But let me read a few pages back to see what the issue is. Maybe I can come up with something. And its no big deal bro I've been there. I think we all have a time or 2.

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
it wouldn't be an app you added. Its in xposed. But let me read a few pages back to see what the issue is. Maybe I can come up with something. And its no big deal bro I've been there. I think we all have a time or 2.

delete your host file. reboot your issues will be fixed.been awhile for me on this.but freeza built his ad aware crap in. delete the built in host file. Only issue I had with this. And I know it cause hulu would mess up. Doing that fixed it . but been a while since I been on this. I think freeza moved on. See he dropped a note 4 rom. @demetrios3

Last edited:
Reactions: Goat1378

Zhuge_Liang

Nov 14, 2012
I'm unsure if this is a known issue with the ROM or a software corruption of some kind, but I have never been able to change the default ringtone for SMS. It's still that stupid default whistle tone matter what I change it to.

I poured of over the sound settings and I cannot identify the problem.

Aug 12, 2007
Saint Joseph
I'm unsure if this is a known issue with the ROM or a software corruption of some kind, but I have never been able to change the default ringtone for SMS. It's still that stupid default whistle tone matter what I change it to.

Open up messages app>menu>settings>"more" tab>select ringtone in notifications section

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore

Yes that is definitely a new one to me. Hope the post above helped you out.

demetrios3

delete your host file. reboot your issues will be fixed.been awhile for me on this.but freeza built his ad aware crap in. delete the built in host file. Only issue I had with this. And I know it cause hulu would mess up. Doing that fixed it . but been a while since I been on this. I think freeza moved on. See he dropped a note 4 rom. @demetrios3

What's the name of the host file?

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
What's the name of the host file?
Hosts lol uploadfromtaptalk1437948190674.jpg

Sent from my 0x1 Note 3...... I love tep

Reactions: demetrios3

crimsy

Nov 8, 2009
For anyone having issues connecting to websites or some apps not working , for instance logging in to Snapchat, make sure you delete your hosts file and replace it with a stock one. It took me a bit to figure it out but once I did I was back to having a normal phone. The built in adblocker is great but I think it's too detailed that it blocks a little too much.

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
Thanks dude.

I'll look for the Ad aware host file and delete it.

Freeza and I are friends I Facebook, I'll ask him if he's still developing this ROM.

Edit: can you tell me where the host file is in the directory?
I hope he is still developing here but I do know he's currently over at the Note 4 and has a stockish Rom he's got up and running. So its not looking good for us guys here at N3 which makes me sad. But that's in no way confirmed til it comes out the mans mouth himself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, welcome to Galaxy Note fre3. This ROM is 'Wizless' in that it doesn't have the Samsung launcher or widgets, and tries to remove as much bloatware as possible while maintaining a fully functional ROM.

[size=+1]Thanks:[/size]:

-Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, aamikam, mwalt2, Djimmy, myn, eyeballer, viperboy, steal25, iconeo, eschelon, Rydah805, Nutzy, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Zanz, runandhide05, closeone, TweetyBear, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, Josh Beach, Cobraboy, Relo, kevinrocksman, Tex/Donald, Devon(devbro), Stephen, Justin Kluck, Mase, Dorian, Joe, everyone else in our awesome hangouts chat, my GF for putting up with seemingly endless hours of testing, Mike(micmars), Gus, Mike Chapman, Dunks(Kingsley), Brandon(Action B), Herk718, mythtrandyr, imoseyon, yank, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

[size=+2]ROM Information[/size]:
    Software version NK4 with Android 4.4.4

Zipaligned
    Hybrid [De]Odexed
    Removed bloat, Samsung launcher/widgets, and Play Store available apps.
    Nexus bootanimation
    4-in-1 Reboot menu
    CRT animations
    Nova Launcher included
    Camera Shutter sound option
    Included Dev Tools
    Call recording in phone app menu
    Write PRL option in settings
    App Ops in settings
    Random apk mods
    Included AOSP Clock
    Genie Widget from AOSP
    Increased MMS quality
    Disable signature checking in services.jar
    Unlocked Messaging options galore
    Unlocked a bunch of random options
    Init.d support
    Tweaked out Kernel Ramdisk (eliminates logging whenever possible, etc)
    Tweaks galore (build.prop,init.d)
    More stuff

[size=+2]Built-in Xposed Module information[/size]:
    These modules are pre-setup on a clean install. New modules will be pre-setup with ROM updates.

ButteredToast: Displays application name above toast notifications.
    DisableFlagSecure: Allows the taking of screenshots from most apps.
    Flat Style Colored Bars: Changes the color of the status bar relevant to the open app like in Lollipop.
    Maximize Widgets: Maximizes the lockscreen widgets by default.
    Native Clip Board: Long pressing "paste" will present you with a slide-in window with your previous clipboard entries. Anything you copy should appear here.
    Play Store link in App Info: gives you a "play store" button in the App Info of apps you've installed from the play store, making it easier to get to the play store entry of the app.
    ScreenOffAnimation: Set to CRT by default, this allows you to change your screen on and off animations.
    SwypeTweaks: Set to have swype's voice dictation icon default to Google instead of Dragon.
    Text Xposed: Set up to allow you to grab the definition of "selected" text in a text field by pressing the 3 dot menu or the "define" button if visible. Also set to allow you to double tap some text fields that are not editable.
    Wanam Xposed: This module is responsible for a lot of small changes including Screen Record/Capture on the power menu.
    WiFiKeyView: Allows you to long tap a set up WiFi network and retrieve its password.
    XHaloFloatingWindow: Set up to allow you to long tap a notification item or recent apps item to launch it in a "floating" window. Also has "recent" apps in the notification tray.
    XHangouts: Set up to maximize Hangouts MMS and picture sending for those that use Hangouts as their SMS application.
    XInstaller: Set up to allow you to downgrade apps, as well as long pressing an app's icon in App Info to take you to its Play Store entry. Single tapping an app's icon will launch the app. Also has a few options checked for disabling signature checking.
    Xposed Torch: Set up to allow long pressing of the Volume UP key while the screen is off to turn on the LED flash. (Long pressing again will turn it off. Sometimes it takes two tries to turn it off)
    YouTube Adaway: No more ads in YouTube videos. This module needs to be updated through the Xposed Installer every time YouTube gets updated.
    YouTube Background Playback: This allows you to "minimize" YouTube and still have a video play. Useful for music playlists. This module needs to be updated through the Xposed Installer every time YouTube gets updated.

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]:
    -Some unlocked features in Settings will not work. These will either be fixed, or removed.

[size=+2]Addons[/size]:
    Touchwiz Launcher coming soon
    Email Notification FC Fix coming soon

[size=+2]Download (full ROM)[/size]:
    Galaxy Note fre3 2.26
    Galaxy Note fre3 2.26 MD5: 7c3a4256cc113da598d238ea5e8ebf8d

[size=+2]Download (updates)[/size]: These updates must be flashed on top of a full ROM.
    Galaxy Note fre3 2.26b
    Galaxy Note fre3 2.26b MD5: fcca79cca63e598524edd3f0dc22dab3

XDA:DevDB Information
    Galaxy Note fre3, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    freeza
    Source Code: https://github.com/freeza-inc/BeastMode-Kernel-N900P

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: NC2/NH7/NK4 (KitKat)
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.26b
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-20

Created 2014-03-06
    Last Updated 2015-05-20
    Reserved

[size=+1]Introducing: Galaxy Note fre3 post-install with Xposed Framework[/size]

In Galaxy Note fre3 2.0, I have written a post-install script that will install, on first boot, the Xposed Framework, wanam, tinted status bar, and butteredtoast. This does not mean you have to manually install Xposed, and enable modules. It is all automated and all happens on first boot. No need to 'reflash' the ROM. This will happen any time you do a factory reset on this ROM. It also sets a few default settings, enables tethering, and a bunch of things behind the scenes. I consider this a version 0.1 product. It has great potential and will able me to apply entire settings on your device--everything from ringtones to brightness, volume, widget layouts, lockscreen wallpaper, etc. You name it, I can probably make the post-install script do it. This will enable the Galaxy Note fre3 ROM to be truly customized in every way exactly how I intend it to be.

You will notice upon first boot, when the white screen comes on telling you that your phone is setting up for the first time, that the phone will quickly 'hot boot' after about 30 seconds. This is completely normal and is part of the post-install process. Don't freak out and think you're in a boot loop. Everything will be fine. As the ROM progresses, I will modify that screen with a message like "Your phone will reboot during the setup. Please wait..."

See it in action:
    Reserved

[size=+1]Changelog:[/size]

5/20/15-2.26b:
    Fixed thermal issues which lead to instability with the kernel.
    3/8/15-2.26:
    Updated to NK4.
    Updated first boot wallpaper to Sun Beam.
    Removed AOSP Gallery.
    Added Chronus (CM) clock and weather widget to first boot homescreen settings.
    Removed colouredstatusbar xposed module.
    Added flat style colored bars module.
    Added disable flag secure module. (Allows screenshots everywhere)
    Added Swypetweaks module. (Voice icon uses Google voice)
    Added Text Xposed module. (allows popup definitions of selected text.)
    Added wifikeyview module. (Long press an added Wi-Fi network to reveal its password)
    Changed xhalo settings.
    Added xinstaller module (allows downgrading of apps, long press an app icon in app info to view it in the play store, tap the icon to launch, shows app package name in app info, shows app current version and updated version in a toast notification when manually installing apps, disables signature verification on apks, and more.)
    Added xhangouts module. (Various hangouts tweaks)
    Added torch module. (Long press volume up when screen is off to activate led flash.)
    Added YouTube adaway module. (No ads in YouTube)
    Added YouTube background play. (Can play videos while YouTube is in the background).
    11/15/14-2.25:
    Fixed GUI jitter.
    Added "Grayscale" mode to settings. (Similar to Ultra Powersave. Thanks to Djimmy for the mod, which I ported this from.)
    Camera mods. (Started effort to increase record limit to 1 hour for all limited modes, JPG quality increase, file size limit increase. Thanks to kevinrocksman for initial idea and his note 4 guide.)
    11/12/14-2.24b:
    Added correct build.prop. (previous one was from 2.23 with LPA still enabled)
    Updated Sprint Zone.
    11/12/14-2.24:
    Updated BM kernel to 2.3 with display panel temperature/color modes.
    Updated Wanam Xposed module.
    Updated Nova Launcher.
    Updated Super SU.
    Updated Samsung Link.
    Updated Google Play Services.
    Updated Next Radio.
    Updated Native Clipboard module.
    Updated 50tweaks init.d script (should provide better performance in benchmarks and normal use).
    Updated Samsung IAP.
    Updated Samsung Push Client.
    Updated Screenoff Animation module.
    Updated Google Camera.
    Updated Settings apk.
    Updated Galaxy Apps.
    Updated Sprint Connection Optimizer.
    Updated Google Now.
    Updated Samsung WatchON.
    Updated Sprint Zone.
    Updated HP Mobile Print.
    Removed MyScript Calculator.
    Disabled LPA in build.prop (should fix bluetooth audio skipping).
    10/19/14-2.23:
    Attempt to fix weird booting up frequency issues.
    10/16/14-2.22:
    Default BM kernel is Roar again.
    Updated BM kernel to 2.1.
    Fixed boot at 2.7GHz.
    Updated Nova Launcher.
    Updated Super SU.
    Added call button to call logs.
    Updated Samsung Link.
    Updated Next Radio.
    10/11/14-2.21:
    Default BM kernel is now Calm.
    Removed PrefAct.
    Removed SPO.
    Updated Google Play Store to 5.0.
    10/7/14-2.2:
    Updated to NH7 (Android 4.4.4)
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 2.0 (fast charge (thanks yank), "Snapdragon 801 mode")
    --Snapdragon 801 mode means the CPU and GPU frequencies can be set to that of the Snapdragon 801 SoC (2.45GHz CPU/578MHz GPU)
    8/13/14-2.17:
    Updated ANT Plugin.
    Updated ANT Service.
    Updated Galaxy Finder.
    Updated Samsung Apps, now Galaxy Apps.
    Updated Samsung account service.
    Updated Google Camera.
    Updated Google Now.
    Updated Samsung Print Service.
    Updated HP Print Service.
    Updated Tinted Status Bar module.
    Updated Next Radio.
    Updated Group Cast.
    Updated Sprint Zone.
    Updated Samsung Story Album.
    Updated Samsung Barometer app.
    Updated Nova Launcher.
    Updated Samsung Push client.
    Updated Sketchbook Galaxy app.
    Updated Samsung In-App purchase.
    Updated Samsung Billing.
    Updated SuperSU.
    Updated Halo Floating Window module.
    Updated Adreno 330 graphics driver (Aug7).
    Updated Google Play Store.
    Updated Samsung Level.
    Updated Samsung WatchON.
    Removed mobeam service.
    Added global clipboard history support (hold the 'paste' button in any text field).
    6/12/14-2.16:
    Updated BeastMode Kernel to 1.6 ROAR.
    Updated Google Camera.
    Updated Xposed Framework.
    Updated Google Now.
    Updated Google TTS.
    Updated HP Print Service.
    Updated Tinted Status Bar module.
    Updated Maximize widgets module.
    Updated Next Radio.
    Updated Group Cast.
    Updated S Health.
    Updated Samsung Billing.
    Updated Samsung In-App Purchase.
    Updated PENUP.
    Updated Nova Launcher.
    Updated post-boot script to version 1.5
    Updated S Voice.
    Updated Halo Floating Window module.
    Updated Adreno 330 graphics driver.
    Added Samsung Level.
    Added WiFi password view.
    Added home button torch.
    Added default widget and homescreen layout. (new installs only.)
    Disabled the water drip touch sound.
    4/30/14-2.14:
    Updated BeastMode Kernel to 1.4 ROAR.
    Updated BeamService.
    Updated GmsCore.
    Updated Video Editor.
    Updated Samsung Push Service.
    Updated Google Camera.
    Enabled black battery percents inside the battery.
    Added Maximize Widgets xposed module.
    Added XHaloFloatingWindow xposed module and pre-defined settings.
    Fixed Xposed Framework update not applying.
    4/20/14-2.13:
    Added Surround Sound bits from Engineering ROM.
    Added other binaries from Engineering ROM.
    Added ART jar into framework for future ART support.
    Added Samsung Billing.
    Added original app_process backup.
    Updated Galaxy Sketchbook.
    Updated Viper 4 Android FX.
    Updated Samsung Link.
    4/10/14-2.12:
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 1.3 ROAR.
    Updated Settings.
    Enabled ability to preview audio while in a call.
    4/8/14-2.11:
    Added back Ink Effect Settings app.
    Added ability to play videos while in call.
    Fixed Multiwindow issues.
    Build.prop modification.
    4/7/14-2.1:
    Updated to NC5D base.
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 1.2 ROAR.
    Updated Next Radio.
    Updated GoogleTTS.
    Updated Story Album.
    Updated Samsung Push.
    Updated Wanam Xposed Module.
    Updated HP Mobile Print Service.
    Updated Samsung Mobile Print Service.
    Updated PENUP.
    Updated Samsung Apps.
    Updated Samsung Account.
    Removed a few APKs.
    3/26/14-2.0beta5:
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 1.1 ROAR.
    Updated tinted status bar module.
    Updated tinted status bar preferences.
    Updated PENUP.
    Updated Settings.
    Reverted hosts to stock.
    Added ink effect without S-Pen.
    Added any color ink effect app.
    Fixed Gallery auto rotate.
    Removed GooManager.
    3/21/14-2.0beta4:
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 1.0.
    Updated tinted status bar preferences.
    Reordered toggles.
    Fixed call recording.
    Updated settings.
    Removed Swipe screen to unlock text.
    Fixed Gallery settings FC.
    3/19/14-2.0beta3:
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 0.9.
    Added Flashlight toggle.
    Updated Settings.
    Updated Wanam Xposed Module.
    Updated zipalign binary.
    Fixed Messages Screen ON.
    Fixed MyScript Calculator FC.
    Fixed zipalign on boot.
    Added folder view to Messages.
    3/16/14-2.0beta2:
    Updated BeastMode kernel to 0.6.
    Updated GoogleTTS.
    Updated pen calculator.
    Updated Video Editor.
    Updated Google Now.
    Updated Samsung Link.
    Removed obsolete init.d scripts.
    Removed Sprint Touch apk.
    Removed ELMAgent apk.
    Removed SilentLog apk.
    Fixed Gallery not playing videos.
    Hybrid De[O]dex framework.
    Modded video player to work while in call.
    Hmm, not many exciting things going on lately, but I have noticed a largely security based update was released. NK4.... I'll be updating the ROM to this shortly. No kernel source was released for this update so I can only assume it is a very minimal update.

I'll also be updating the kernel, removing a few modules, and adding new ones over the next week!

Thank you to everyone who continues to support this project even with the lack of activity going on both here and the Note 3 forum as a whole.
    Update coming along....