Skyrocket a lot faster then iphone 4s on same 3g network

Search This thread

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
I live in southern california, AT&T only has 3G here. for thanksgiving a few of my family members had 4s's with them so we all decided to use speedtest.net.

though my phone is able to do "LTE", remember im in a 3g only area.

the iphones didn't pass 3mb/sec test after test no matter what server we used. and most were around 1.5-2mb

my skyrocket never got below 5mb/sec (between all the tests i got between 5-9mb/sec)

have others tried this same kind of test with an iphone in the same place at the same time? is the radio on this phone just that much better? is AT&T sick of iphone data abuse and decided to cap them?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Yes iPhone is not going to be faster than the SR in 3G areas. I also have an iPhone 4 and have the SR which is much faster than my iPhone in data speeds. Now I feel my iPhone is very slow over all as well. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have the 4s and one point had the Skyrocket (sold it on eBay - didn't want to be throttled on the LTE plan) noticed the increased speeds here in Denver, when compared via xtremelabs simultaneously.

Apple needs to put their foot down on the accelerator and put a LTE radio in the next iPhone!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I won't be surprised of the actual 5 is LTE, thinner and curved glass.

krankbt

Mar 20, 2010
I was actually thinking of getting the 4S but I would like to take advantage of LTE here in Houston. I also don't want to be throttled, but I think i can manage...... Hopefully

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App