[Q] How do I install a custom rom on the P76920H

Search This thread
May 3, 2014
I want to update my P76920H phone from the current T-Mobile carrier state to a Kit Kat ROM. I've only done a root and a custom ROM install once on another phone, so I'm still new to this. There are so many links and so many different posts for different versions that I'm not sure what to click on. Can anyone post a link that I should follow?

I want to update my P76920H phone from the current T-Mobile carrier state to a Kit Kat ROM. I've only done a root and a custom ROM install once on another phone, so I'm still new to this. There are so many links and so many different posts for different versions that I'm not sure what to click on. Can anyone post a link that I should follow?

To update your L9 to a android 4.4 custom ROM you first need to unlock the bootloader. Look in the L9 general forum and there are a couple guides on how to do it. Be warned that Unlocking the bootloader on this phone is by no means a simple task and the success rate is very very low. It's believed that in the last year or so that LG has encrypted the bootloader which makes unlocking it pretty much impossible. If your still interested.. Read through the guides thoroughly and read them again. Make sure you have a complete understanding of what is required and all the necessary files and kdz before you begin.

You might also want to just look at rooting, installing a custom recovery and flashing a locked bootloader ROM. There's a couple stock modified ROMs and a CM9 ROM for locked bootloaders. You can find these in the L9 android development forum.

Reactions: Somebody123456

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To update your L9 to a android 4.4 custom ROM you first need to unlock the bootloader. Look in the L9 general forum and there are a couple guides on how to do it. Be warned that Unlocking the bootloader on this phone is by no means a simple task and the success rate is very very low. It's believed that in the last year or so that LG has encrypted the bootloader which makes unlocking it pretty much impossible. If your still interested.. Read through the guides thoroughly and read them again. Make sure you have a complete understanding of what is required and all the necessary files and kdz before you begin.

You might also want to just look at rooting, installing a custom recovery and flashing a locked bootloader ROM. There's a couple stock modified ROMs and a CM9 ROM for locked bootloaders. You can find these in the L9 android development forum.