[Q] [XT1032] 4.4.4 brick question

Search This thread
Hello everyone I am using an XT1032 which is the Moto G that isn't the google play edition and I was wondering if it was safe to flash to the 4.4.4 custom ROM's such as AOSB?

I've read the guide on how to unbrick and currently I've being trying ROM's and then restoring my ClockWorkMod backup of stock, obviously this stock ROM is 4.4.2 so if I was to upgrade to a 4.4.4 ROM for the XT1032 could I go restore that stock ROM afterwards and get away without bricking? I know there is a fix but I would really like to avoid going through all of that...

Thank you in advance :D
- Cryptoncore (Aaron)

fk2106

Apr 14, 2014
Hello everyone I am using an XT1032 which is the Moto G that isn't the google play edition and I was wondering if it was safe to flash to the 4.4.4 custom ROM's such as AOSB?

I've read the guide on how to unbrick and currently I've being trying ROM's and then restoring my ClockWorkMod backup of stock, obviously this stock ROM is 4.4.2 so if I was to upgrade to a 4.4.4 ROM for the XT1032 could I go restore that stock ROM afterwards and get away without bricking? I know there is a fix but I would really like to avoid going through all of that...

Thank you in advance :D
- Cryptoncore (Aaron)

You should be able to upgrade to 4.4.4 ROM and then restore to anything as long as your boot loader is unlocked.

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
yes, it is safe

unlock bootloader and convert to gpe 442, receive the ota, having no root and stock gpe 442 recovery just to be super sure

and done

but after having 444, you wont be able to have stock 442 , at least not in an easy way

q659503934

Jan 17, 2010
yes, it is safe

unlock bootloader and convert to gpe 442, receive the ota, having no root and stock gpe 442 recovery just to be super sure

and done

but after having 444, you wont be able to have stock 442 , at least not in an easy way

I have try many way to do that but fail,stay on gpe 444

tansly

Jan 17, 2014
I installed the latest cm11 nightly (4.4.4) and I could restore my stock 4.4.2 backup with no problems.
The downgrade brick is caused by some partition table changes in the stock OTA I think. Custom roms don't change partition tables so it is fine.
I may be wrong about the cause though, feel free to correct me but I could restore without any problems.