My Nexus 5 Can't sleep/poweroff

Search This thread

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
My sleep/wake button is acting weird, I have to like press it 4 or more times to get it to sleep
if I press it once it'll turn back on until I continue to press it until it shuts off

Any recommendations?

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Too much sugar!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

maddog975

Apr 9, 2011
Chicago
www.ansotech.com
Is it stock or custom ROM ? Some Roms have tweaks to the kernel that may cause issues with the device sleeping or when you turn them off. Depending of it you are stock or running a custom ROM there are several things you can try to eliminate the software as the issue.

Reinstall using one of the nexus toolkits to download and flash the official Google sick image replacing the partitions, boot loader etc.

Use a different ROM and try your luck.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Is it stock or custom ROM ? Some Roms have tweaks to the kernel that may cause issues with the device sleeping or when you turn them off. Depending of it you are stock or running a custom ROM there are several things you can try to eliminate the software as the issue.

Reinstall using one of the nexus toolkits to download and flash the official Google sick image replacing the partitions, boot loader etc.

Use a different ROM and try your luck.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

100% Stock, I guess LG Repair/RMA is my only option, I'll try some pressured air later.

Edit, Looks like the canned air did the trick!

Last edited: