[ROM][WM6.5.5_23563] 5.2 - Vico - 7/02/2011

Search This thread

alyn99

Feb 14, 2007
Tweaks?

Hi,

I'm just going to install 5.2 for kicks. Have been having no probs with 5.1. But am wondering what keyboard and tweaks you recommend for this rom? I'm using ezinput 2.0.348550. It runs but it is a bit sluggish. Since I think your roms are made using xtep's kitchen, I remember his roms being a little snappier (they are outdated now so I like yours better). And the Xtep roms had an ezinput keyboard embedded. I'm wondering if my keyboard slows down performance. Any other tweaks you would recommend to get fastest performance out of this? Specifically, the dial pad loads a bit sluggishly, etc. Also, the scroll speed is slower on this rom than on your July 2010 rom. Is there a sensitivity setting in the reg where I can adjust this?

Thanks for all your hard work!

alyn99

Feb 14, 2007
Tried finger keyboard. Works great! Thanks. The 408Gianis update is better than the original finger keyboard 2.1 cab. And it is snappier than the ezinput cab. I've tested your rom for about 2 weeks now and found no problems. Great work! So much thanks.

One nagging little thing - would love to know the registry setting that controls scrolling speed (not sensitivity). The new rom scrolls slower than all your and Xteps older 6.5 roms. So slow that sometimes it's hard to use. If you could point me to the reg setting to fix it, that would be great.

alyn99

Feb 14, 2007
One last thing: The scrolling HTC contacts add on is missing from this rom (it was in Xtep's I believe). I'm referring the scroll bar that appears to the right on the contacts app that lets you scroll qucikly by presenting each letter of the alphabet as you scroll with your fiunger on the bar. I tried HTC random access to restore that functionality but it didn't work. can you point us to the HTC addon app that made this work in Xteps roms?

Again, thanks.

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
Ive started uni, so not to sure when i will get this fixed, but i will try to. sorry for delay.

gcp72

Sep 30, 2007
Hello!

I have changed my old x7500 for a "new" x7510... I have used AGB V3.00.0 [Hulk] rom and now I will try yours...

It works fine with realvga? I need more space in the screen.

Thanks in advance!

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
no its incompatible

And i also don't have time at the moment for any further development/fixes.

CoreCH

Mar 19, 2011
Hi I have tried to update my x7510 to WM6.5 and followed your guidelines but an error comes up "The image file is corrupted. Please check your update utility" have downloaded again and retried but same error, what could i be doing wrong? Regards:confused:

Vico100

Dec 25, 2007
Make sure you don't have a SD card in device.

Make sure your on the boot screen.

Re-download the x7510 wrapper from the sticky thread.

CoreCH

Mar 19, 2011
Error

Hi, thanks for reply, the unit goes to tricolour screen once connected, then to progress bar gets to 1% on htc and main pc, windows mobile device centre drops out and the error shows

AxxlPPC

Jan 18, 2009
Free RAM available ?

Hi all,
can somebody report how many free RAM lasts with the latest VICO's ROM release from here ?

TNX !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am no longer working on this rom, there is a newer version out.

23563.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

PART 1

PART 2

(To open, place both in a folder and open PART 1 in 7zip)

5.2 UPDATE (optional):
    • Removed unnecessary ddl's = more free ram.
    • 28.9375mb Slot 0 free. (250kb lol)

5.1 UPDATE:
    • Changed build to 23563, more stable.
    • Fixed sms bug (may fix other bugs)

Features/changes:
    • 21054 ported to original 19965 OEMXipKernel
    • Added 'Gps Test'
    • Added working 'Opera' browser
    • Added 'Data Controller'
    • Changed 'QuickGPS' to 'QuickGps Lite'
    • Added 'Power Control'
    • Added MMS support