4.2.2 update

Search This thread

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Using TWRP. I'll try putting it on my dropbox and downloading it from there to N7...

Do I need to wipe dalvik/cache?

OK, it goes like this:

updatng partition details....
installing [file name]
checking for md5 file
skipping, no md5 file found
veryfieng current system
assert failed .. ....
error flashing... [zip filename]

Last edited:

Slender Troll

Oct 29, 2012
Lebanon
Using TWRP. I'll try putting it on my dropbox and downloading it from there to N7...

Do I need to wipe dalvik/cache?

Did you leave the mk5 and zip boxes unchecked? That's what I did. Also if you want to keep root make sure you use voodoo ota rootkeeper from the play store and make a backup of your super SU/super user app. I didn't have to wipe the dalvik cache.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Yes, both unchecked. Try from dropbox failed, Now downloading directly from the link posted here. Are you sure about the voodoo ota rootkeeper? Because in the program description, it says:

The application doesn't support original Superuser and not SuperSU for a very simple reason. The same feature OTA protection feature is already present in SuperSU.

As I have SuperSU, seems it is unnecessary?

Nope, fails again.... :(

Last edited:

Slender Troll

Oct 29, 2012
Lebanon
Yes, both unchecked. Try from dropbox failed, Now downloading directly from the link posted here. Are you sure about the voodoo ota rootkeeper? Because in the program description, it says:

The application doesn't support original Superuser and not SuperSU for a very simple reason. The same feature OTA protection feature is already present in SuperSU.

As I have SuperSU, seems it is unnecessary?

To be safe, I just used voodoo and and then in SuperSU made sure that survival mode was checked in the settings. Once you have done that, bout into twrp, and backup the tablet, in case something should go wrong. Then, tap the home icon in the bottom left of the screen and hit install, then navigate to the OTA update. Select it, then slide to flash the update.

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
This update didn't seem to affect root or recovery for me, unlike previous OTAs. I did it in Survival mode, but even then I normally have reauthorize root access after restarting SuperSU. This time, no. When I went into /system to rename recovery-from-boot.p, it wasn't there--only the .bak version from the last time I updated.

Go figure.

sirlinux03

Jul 22, 2010
Tampa, FL
I was on JOP40D (4.2.1) Stock, rooted, with CWM 6.0.2.3. I downloaded this OTA file http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip from the link in the other 4.2.2 thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144330)

I booted into CWM, and flashed the downloaded ZIP file as normal
When I told CWM to reboot, CWM warned me the update would flash stock Recovery and do I want to STOP this from happening and I said YES.
It then said I had lost root, and do I want to restore root, and I said YES.
It then booted into Android and continued with the upgrade.

I now have 4.2.2 stock installed (JDQ39), and still have root and custom recovery, and an unlocked bootloader.

From what I have read, if you 'sideload' the update using ADB, or do a normal OTA update, you will lose root and custom recovery. However, using the steps above will keep root and recovery for you

Exactly what I did and is working perfect. Can't be easier than that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jesus359

Jul 16, 2012
Colorado Springs
www.facebook.com
Question 1: did you make a backup?

Question 2: if you didn't, why not?

Sent from my Nexus 7/Nexus 4

Yes, I made a back up. I got several backup with different Roms and one back up with everything stock (rooted of course). When I went to flash I didn't erase anything. I just selected install and it flashed, before I did that I downloaded the voodoo ota root keeper, and made a backup of that as well. Flashe, booted, and now the voodoo app freezes and force closes, and when I went to put the recovery menu only the android with a red triangle on top appears, no letters or anything. I'm gonna try to do factory reset. Adb as of right now, I'm searching for the drivers. I got the SDK downloaded. Any other recommendations and/or tips would be great. I'm running out of options.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Update: in wubs root tool kit. I tried to install the drivers, when I did a drivers test, it was that adb was listed as offline, and I'm guessing its because I have not yet put it in the whitelist, (one of the things in the 4.2.2 updates, from what I have read) anybody know how to put it in the white list?

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

edit: Whoo! I figured it out, I went into fastboot mode and flashed TWRP. For those who encounter this issue: Make sure yu can use adb (even if it says that device is offline), Power down, press vol down and power, open command promot(on windows), choose a recovery and put it in the platform-tools folder in the sdk folder, in command prompt go to where the recovery is at and type fastboot flash recover "name of recovery".img. Yu should be set!

Last edited:

ShadowOf

Aug 29, 2012
getting assert failed on /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk.

Do you have your CalenderGoogle.apk system app installed?

I'm getting the same error "assert failed ......./system/app/Books.apk" .... After root I uninstalled Books.apk and a couple other GApps using TitaniumBackup. I have a backup of the apks & data.

I re-installed Books from TiBkp and I get the same error for Currents.apk (also uninstalled).....SO if you've uninstalled your SYSTEM GApps, try adding them ALL back (hopefully you have a backup) then proceed.

UPDATE -- I have restored all but Google Play Magazines....Having a TiBkp restore issue...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts