Micro USB OTG adapter and USB accessories!! Mouse. keyboard. USB flash drives.

Search This thread

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
Hey first time starting a topic I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

Anyway I had bought an OTG micro USB to USB 2.0 adapter for my nexus seven and just tried it on my verizon galaxy note 2 and had success with keyboards. Mice. And an off brand USB memory stick!!!!
Wanted to spread the word this is definitely useful for me. :)

Plus I found my adapter for 2$ on Amazon. It took a long time to arrive from China but works.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
:-x sorry that's the only galaxy note thread I wasn't subscribed to!!! I didn't see it.

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I too ordered mine from Amazon.com, took a while to get here. Think I paid about $2. It's really cool to have, I honestly don't even use it just wanted to have it on hand. I do bring it with me to class in case someone has a flash drive and I need a quick file from them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mygraine

Aug 4, 2008
I use a usb xbox controller and otg to play final fantasy 7 . Works great. Flash drives and even a 1tb usb 3 hard drive all work (Paragon needed to mount ntfs)
Screen shot!
uploadfromtaptalk1362719095213.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
Anyone having luck with USB PlayStation 3 controller? I can only get it to work with Bluetooth and "six axis controller" app.

Or is a ps3 controller always running Bluetooth?

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I've been using a ps3 controller, to get it to connect to bluetooth I still had to connect it via usb. After usb bluetooth worked fine. This is with the sixaxis app

Reactions: Craleb

mygraine

Aug 4, 2008
Anyone having luck with USB PlayStation 3 controller? I can only get it to work with Bluetooth and "six axis controller" app.

Or is a ps3 controller always running Bluetooth?

I believe that "USBjoy" is capable of doing that, although I have not done it. Sixaxis just works and thats Good enough for me.

Edit-sorry, the app has a new name "USB/BT Joystick Center 6" please note this app is advanced and not very user friendly, but it does have a lot of features.

Last edited:

KnightCrusader

Nov 16, 2008
I got a regular OTG to USB cable, and also got one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321065678396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Makes it very nice to hook up multiple things at the same time. At one point I had 3 flash drives and another micro sd in there, and the Note 2 seen all 4 of them as well as the internal and external microsd on the back w/o a problem.

Also, I didn't expect this to work, but the Note 2's OTG port will spit out enough current to spin up my 1.5TB My Passport drive without any help. I was utterly shocked. I left it hooked up for about 5 minutes and never seen the battery go down even a %. Too bad it was formatted as NTFS otherwise the phone would have seen it. :(

chrisjz

Aug 24, 2010
Japan
Finally came in after almost waiting a month. Gotta say this is pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: Craleb

chrisjz

Aug 24, 2010
Japan
So I got a hold of a wire adapter for my xbox controller but when I plug it in nothing works. Was there anything you had to do mount or install?

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
So I got a hold of a wire adapter for my xbox controller but when I plug it in nothing works. Was there anything you had to do mount or install?

+1 here does absolutely nothing. Would love to see it work somehow if anyone knows how.

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
+1 here does absolutely nothing. Would love to see it work somehow if anyone knows how.

Back in the day I tried using a wired xbox 360 controller on my computer.... Turns out if your using an adapter the controller is still blue tooth. But if you have a legitimate wired controller not the adapter it should work... Should.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note ²

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use a usb xbox controller and otg to play final fantasy 7 . Works great. Flash drives and even a 1tb usb 3 hard drive all work (Paragon needed to mount ntfs)
    Screen shot!
    uploadfromtaptalk1362719095213.jpg

Hey first time starting a topic I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

Anyway I had bought an OTG micro USB to USB 2.0 adapter for my nexus seven and just tried it on my verizon galaxy note 2 and had success with keyboards. Mice. And an off brand USB memory stick!!!!
    Wanted to spread the word this is definitely useful for me. :)

Plus I found my adapter for 2$ on Amazon. It took a long time to arrive from China but works.

I think it only runs Bluetooth. AFAIK, the cable is only for power and pairing.

Not true. It indeed works for play as well. People over in the Asus tf201 forum have been using them for play for almost a couple years now.

Sent from my large and in charge GN2 using Forum Runner
    I've been using a ps3 controller, to get it to connect to bluetooth I still had to connect it via usb. After usb bluetooth worked fine. This is with the sixaxis app

Finally came in after almost waiting a month. Gotta say this is pretty cool.