Nexus 7 frequent freeze while typing

Search This thread

merkis

Aug 21, 2013
I've tried to search for this problem, but was unsuccessful.
When I am typing, the new Nexus 7 keeps freezing. I tried installing another keyboard, same problem.When this occurs, device is totally unresponsive, including home, back, volume and power keys.
I can't even return this now that 2 weeks is over.
I also tried factory reset twice. Someone please help thank you

danvee

Jan 3, 2009
Soggy New Jersey
Have that happen once a day or so.
Try turning off Wifi while you're typing and see if that helps.
Otherwise, it will take an update from Google/ASUS to fix, unless it's a hardware issue.
Either way, after 3 weeks, there's no info coming from either source.
Not that I'm surprised.
This is a known and well documented issue.
Your only choices are to:
A) Wait and see
B) Warranty to ASUS or Google, depending on from which you'd purchased it.

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Its a know issue on jss builds of 4.3, the new nexus 7 is the only device that official runs it. Google should fix it soon, and paranoidAndroid should be releasing there hybrid 4.3 build soon. That fixes it as we'll..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: danvee

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
In my case the freezing occurs when the magnet case is opened 180 degrees so the front cover is folded all the way back. Lifting the folded cover a half inch away restores response. So I think it may be related to the magnet in the case.

seppfett

Oct 9, 2012
magnet case is the prob

In my case the freezing occurs when the magnet case is opened 180 degrees so the front cover is folded all the way back. Lifting the folded cover a half inch away restores response. So I think it may be related to the magnet in the case.

I made exactly the same experience with the magnet. After having stopped using the magnet case there are no more freezes. I have also completely stopped using chrome and switched to Dolphin browser. Now the system is super stable and fast!
Maybe my solution is helpful to one or the other.

I have a rooted system with Cyanogen mod 11 (4.4.2)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a know issue on jss builds of 4.3, the new nexus 7 is the only device that official runs it. Google should fix it soon, and paranoidAndroid should be releasing there hybrid 4.3 build soon. That fixes it as we'll..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4