[Q] no service afte omnirom bigpart flash stingray

Search This thread

hqdbeal

Feb 21, 2013
I have a verizon motorola xoom that never got the 4g upgrade so its a 3g only device that i installed the bigpart recovery on and the latest omnirom4.4.2 rom and it installled fine but it is showing no reception at all. I have tried toggling the airplane mode like I have seen in other post but it has not brought back my service at. do i need to flash something else to make the radio come back ,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hassan_Elyas

Jul 1, 2011
Hyderabad
www.hassanelyas.com
I have a verizon motorola xoom that never got the 4g upgrade so its a 3g only device that i installed the bigpart recovery on and the latest omnirom4.4.2 rom and it installled fine but it is showing no reception at all. I have tried toggling the airplane mode like I have seen in other post but it has not brought back my service at. do i need to flash something else to make the radio come back ,any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is your xoom model?
MZ600? or MZ601?

rapson2000

Dec 23, 2013
Dayton
I had the same experience when I did the Big Part modification and installed Omni. No radio. I tried all of the other ROMs for Big Part and only got a signal with EOS 4. With EOS 4 I only had 3G, no LTE. I have been reading about this like crazy, and have seen where people have stated that the custom ROMs made not have the radio built in, but I haven't been able to find out how to add it back or correct my situation. I have seen that other people have stated that they DO have data service after installing Big Part ROMs, so there has to be something we're missing here.
Sorry I don't have a solution. I'm hoping someone with some knowledge on the subject will chime in.

Sent from my Xoom LTE using XDA Premium HD app

rapson2000

Dec 23, 2013
Dayton
Check IMEI

I have continued to look into this, and I just discovered my Xoom is not showing an IMEI number. It is all zeros. You should check and see if you have the same issue. I'm doing research now on how can get the numbers back.

hqdbeal

Feb 21, 2013
Mine isn't showing the imei number either

Sent from my Xoom LTE using xda app-developers app

rapson2000

Dec 23, 2013
Dayton
Well, I am a little glad that I am not the only one who ran into this issue. I haven't come up with a solution yet, but I did switch back to EOS4 and I have 3G. It's a little slow, but it's better than nothing. I am going to do some more research on this tonight. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Sent from my Xoom LTE using XDA Premium HD app

rapson2000

Dec 23, 2013
Dayton
Still no solution...

Mine isn't showing the imei number either

I have continued to seek out the cause of and solution to this problem. Answers from the XDA forums and the internet in general are all over the place as to the cause, but it seems that flashing back to stock is the solution that almost everyone has found success with.
We're in a bind because you can't flash a stock image back onto the BigPart partitioned Xoom. I haven't seen a method to change the Xoom back to it's stock partitions just yet soo... I'm at a loss as to what can be done as of this moment. As soon as someone in the know posts a method to restore the stock partitions I'll flash back to stock and see what happens. :(

hqdbeal

Feb 21, 2013
I flashed the eos ROM and will wait for this to get fixed

rapson2000

Dec 23, 2013
Dayton
Yes, it is possible. Follow again the OP instructions but this time flashing back the original TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery to recover the stock partition layout, instead of using TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart.

I thought you might be interested. This is apparently what needs to be done to get the stock partitions back on the Xoom. Basically just going through the BigPart procedure again, but replacing the BigPart recovery with the regular one. Some time over the weekend I will probably give it a shot. I have been using my Xoom with EOS and 3G service (not very good 3G service) for a week or so now, but I would really like to get my 4G LTE back. Looks like a lot of Stingray users are having data issues with BigPart roms.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

hqdbeal

Feb 21, 2013
I thought you might be interested. This is apparently what needs to be done to get the stock partitions back on the Xoom. Basically just going through the BigPart procedure again, but replacing the BigPart recovery with the regular one. Some time over the weekend I will probably give it a shot. I have been using my Xoom with EOS and 3G service (not very good 3G service) for a week or so now, but I would really like to get my 4G LTE back. Looks like a lot of Stingray users are having data issues with BigPart roms.

looks like somone has resolved this issue http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635282

Reactions: webeougher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

looks like somone has resolved this issue http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635282
    Yep, I went through that process a few days ago and I have full 4G LTE w/ BigPart CM11.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app