+Can I replace the bootloader with fastbot

Search This thread

LGriffin

Apr 22, 2014
I have a samsung Galaxy Nexus I51i Verizon. Two problems, ADB doesn't see it, and the bootloader is corrupt(?). With the bootloader booted ADB does not recognize that the samsung is there, but fastboot does. IF I try and put the bootloader in recovery mode, I get a belly up Android with a red triangle and exclamation mark. I'm thinking replace the bootloader using fastboot but don't know the commands.

Larry

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I have a samsung Galaxy Nexus I51i Verizon. Two problems, ADB doesn't see it, and the bootloader is corrupt(?). With the bootloader booted ADB does not recognize that the samsung is there, but fastboot does. IF I try and put the bootloader in recovery mode, I get a belly up Android with a red triangle and exclamation mark. I'm thinking replace the bootloader using fastboot but don't know the commands.

Larry

before doing anything, learn about android first, as you sound clueless.

the android laying on its back, belly up, IS the stock recovery.

only fastboot can be used in the bootloader, adb can not.

adb can be used while in your recovery, but only in a custom recovery. you have to flash a custom recovery for that.

and lastly, you have a galaxy nexus, not a nexus 4. the galaxy nexus is the last nexus to support verizon. the nexus 4 does not support verizon, verizon messed it up for future nexus themselves. verizon for some reason calls it a galaxy nexus 4G, the 4G isnt actually in its official name, its just a galaxy nexus.