[Q] S3 phone/text issues

Search This thread

jryanvt

Nov 16, 2007
Chicago
Somehow my wife's S3 must know she just became upgrade eligible. Over the last few days she has not been able to make/receive calls (sometimes it connect but then disconnects in less than 10 seconds) or receive text messages. The weird part is she can use her data connection and send texts without any problems. Any idea on what her problem could be? Thanks.

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Somehow my wife's S3 must know she just became upgrade eligible. Over the last few days she has not been able to make/receive calls (sometimes it connect but then disconnects in less than 10 seconds) or receive text messages. The weird part is she can use her data connection and send texts without any problems. Any idea on what her problem could be? Thanks.

Have you tried PRL and profile update?

sent from my GS3

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Try reactivating the device. On the dial pad ##72786# . The device will reboot a few times. Just let it do it's thing.

jryanvt

Nov 16, 2007
Chicago
Try reactivating the device. On the dial pad ##72786# . The device will reboot a few times. Just let it do it's thing.

Thanks. I should have done a better job explaining what I've already tried. The reboot didn't work (just tried it again), and I've also tried clearing cache recovery. I'm thinking about rooting and loading a custom rom to see that solves the problem.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
No, but my evo 4g connects fine, and my wife's had problems at her office and at home, which i thought would two different towers.
They should be two different towers. Unless of course she works close to home. Since the device is not rooted, try calling Sprint. Have them reset you're data on there end.

TEAM MiK MikROMs Since 3/13/11