Custom Recovery for Cricket HTC ONE SV with Android 4.2.2

Search This thread

rezoundness

Jul 18, 2012
I have a Cricket HTC ONE SV with Android 4.2.2 and have HTC Dev unlocked the boot loader.

I need to find a way to root the device. I have tried a few custom recoveries to only get entering recovery...
So i used an ruu for 4.2.2 and relocked the phone to run it...
Then after that I unlocked the boot loader again...

k2_plc_cl_ pvt shp s-on rl
hoot-2.21.0000
radio 1.12.00 1029
opendsp v10.2.0268.0401
os 3.02.1050.10
eMMC-boot 1024mb
Dec 6 2013, 17:58:33.0

M

Modding.MyMind

@rezoundness

Custom recovery (twrp) 4.2.2

It says K2_UL, but partitions are similar (it works).

Though, if it would make you feel comfortable, feel free to unpack the recovery.img and replace the kernel with yours and repack it ;). That is for the more cautious lol and because I want to get in your head right now haha.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

rezoundness

Jul 18, 2012
I keep hearing those voices in my head say to s-off.... It's easier all the cool developers are doing it.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

rezoundness

Jul 18, 2012
Please do it haha. Makes life so much easier. :)

how easy is it to s-off the device as i have 4.2.2 on it... i did use the twrp you said above and it works but once i delete the unwanted apk's in the system\app folder and reboot, the unwanted files are right back their again.... thanks google and htc... s-off i need to be then. so how do i do it

M

Modding.MyMind

how easy is it to s-off the device as i have 4.2.2 on it... i did use the twrp you said above and it works but once i delete the unwanted apk's in the system\app folder and reboot, the unwanted files are right back their again.... thanks google and htc... s-off i need to be then. so how do i do it

Sorry for the delay. Currently porting a twrp theme to my device so I have been occupied.

Screenshots:

Last edited:
M

Modding.MyMind

That is awesome

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

I already have permission to open a thread and share here. There is one font that needs to be resized which is the clock, and some other images which need slight adjustment. The keyboard needs to be brought down a little. Its currently raised slightly too high. I have sent it to three people for testing. One has given feed back already and he is pretty excited about it lol. Still waiting on word from the other two. Once I fix these minor issues, I will be sharing it. It will work for all K2 variants ;)