[ROM] [KVT49L ] [4.4.2] [PSX_FatLady] & [PSX-Light FINAL] [Unofficial] [02-24-14]

Search This thread

ryomakun

Sep 15, 2011
i got error when flash psx_grouper_2014_02_23.zip , my devices is nexus 7 Wifi Only, that is grouper, right? but when I want flash it said
"This package is for "grouper" devices; this is a "tilapia"

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Is this the final version of this, what a pity excellent ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
i got error when flash psx_grouper_2014_02_23.zip , my devices is nexus 7 Wifi Only, that is grouper, right? but when I want flash it said
"This package is for "grouper" devices; this is a "tilapia"

Are you on TWRP or CWM? I think you need to be using TWRP. If you are already on TWRP, after nandroid and factory wipe, reboot into recovery and try again.

riven67

Jan 25, 2012
Ouya
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I tried all three of the latest builds and all of them failed, I had to restore a nandroid backup I had. I am going to try downloading the zips again and give it another try, I'll let you know how it goes.
Oh by the way I am on the TWRP 2.6.3.1

riven67

Jan 25, 2012
Ouya
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
That's why, you need to be on MultiromTWRP 2.6.3.2 or later.

:confused: MultiromTWRP ???? I will take your word for it but there is nothing in the op about it. I am not using Multirom does that matter?

Edit: I just read a bit more of the thread and found others with the same issue, I will try to reboot back into TWRP and see if that makes the difference as it has for everyone else.
I have never flashed a rom that failed and needed to reboot before, can anyone explain why this happens with this rom? Just curious.

Last edited:

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
:confused: MultiromTWRP ???? I will take your word for it but there is nothing in the op about it. I am not using Multirom does that matter?

Edit: I just read a bit more of the thread and found others with the same issue, I will try to reboot back into TWRP and see if that makes the difference as it has for everyone else.
I have never flashed a rom that failed and needed to reboot before, can anyone explain why this happens with this rom? Just curious.

If that doesn't work, you should try deleting the 1st two lines in the updater-script and give it a try.

ryomakun

Sep 15, 2011
If that doesn't work, you should try deleting the 1st two lines in the updater-script and give it a try.

what line i should delete? because i delete 2 line before show_progress(0.500000, 0); and still get failed. i used TWRP 2.6.3.1

it said : Error executing binary in zip /sdcard/psx_grouper_2014-02-23.zip

Last edited:

go4fan

Jul 5, 2009
what line i should delete? because i delete 2 line before show_progress(0.500000, 0); and still get failed. i used TWRP 2.6.3.1

it said : Error executing binary in zip /sdcard/psx_grouper_2014-02-23.zip

Try downgrading to TWRP 2.6.3.0. There have been a lot of issues I've seen for various ROMs with 2.6.3.1.

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
I have to always reboot twrp when I first load in to twrp to make it flash right. If I don't always get a failure. Seen a few ROMs like this.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
OK so can I flash PSX fat lady over the light version without wiping?

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Sorry if this was brought up before, but you accidentally left email out of the light build.

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Thanks. Should have just read the thread.

Any idea why? Can't be to save resources for two files that are only 6 MB for an app that just sits there if you don't set it up. It's probably the lightest email app for Android. Just kind of wondering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not sure. Probably because you can install email applications from app store that are just as good if not better.

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Not sure. Probably because you can install email applications from app store that are just as good if not better.

Makes sense. I've used k9, etc. in the past, but the stock email app does what I need and it's gotten a lot better over the last couple of years.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Done a Nandroid backup and dirty flashed 'Fat lady' over PSX light and everything went well.

With PSX light for some unknown reason Titanium backup suddenly started asking for root access but just wouldn't move, same with Fat lady , I've attached a screenshot showing.

Titanium backup is a critical app for me for backing up and restoring apps and at present I don't have a backup, and I dare not do a full wipe as I'd have to download them all over again and that would take ages and use up lots of data.

I have tried uninstalling titanium backup and reinstalling twice but no luck.

Any suggestions folks?
y7y6u3ej.jpg

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Done a Nandroid backup and dirty flashed 'Fat lady' over PSX light and everything went well.

With PSX light for some unknown reason Titanium backup suddenly started asking for root access but just wouldn't move, same with Fat lady , I've attached a screenshot showing.

Titanium backup is a critical app for me for backing up and restoring apps and at present I don't have a backup, and I dare not do a full wipe as I'd have to download them all over again and that would take ages and use up lots of data.

Any suggestions folks?

Does it just stay at that screen? Did you try wiping data/cache from TI app? Are you by any chance using ART? I'm not sure if Titanium Backup works with ART.

In the meantime, you can try to use Helium to backup the data on your apps or Rom Toolbox.

I haven't had any issues with Titanium Backup.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Originally Posted by jonny68

Any suggestions folks?

Does it just stay at that screen? Did you try wiping data/cache from TI app? Are you by any chance using ART? I'm not sure if Titanium Backup works with ART.

In the meantime, you can try to use Helium to backup the data on your apps or Rom Toolbox.

I haven't had any issues with Titanium Backup.
Yeah it basically just stays at that screen doesn't move left it for 10 minutes and it didn't move all.

Not using ART, and all other apps which require root are fine bizarre, I'll try wiping cache and see how that goes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Wiping cache didn't seem to work still stuck asking for root access, I've downloaded app backup and restore so I'm hoping that is OK while I sort this problem out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This great rom is build from source. I just compiled it while the PSX team did all the work. A little about the rom:

Welcome to Pure Speed X

PSX is a fast, built from AOSP source (4.4.2) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

PSX V3
    This version has all the features listed below. It is complete and not much work is being done on it. The new project will be called PSX Fat Lady.

PSX Light
    This is the newest branch. Everything is being built from ground up. This is purely for performance and speed. No added features just pure optimizations. PSX Fat Lady will be based on this version. PSX Light is more up to date, but lacks features.

Team PSX Consists of:
    • ctfrommn
    • rustyjay
    • Martin_Ro
    • Banks
    • dully79

All the thanks goes out to those developers mentioned above for coming up with such a fantastic rom.

Directions
    Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
    Reboot into recovery
    Make nandroid
    Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system/data
    Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
    If ROM fails to flash, reboot into recovery and try again
    Enjoy the Best Rom

Features/Changelog
    Active Display
    Quick Settings customization
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Quiet Hours
    Immersive Mode/Tile
    Lock Screen Targets
    Status Bar tweaks
    Navigation Bar tweaks
    Optimizations
    Much much more

PLSX FINAL
    PSX_GROUPER_LIGHT 2014-02-20

PSX_FatLady Feb 24, 2014
    psx_grouper_2014_02_23

Downloads PSX V3
    PSX Grouper 30-01-14 MIRROR
    PSX GApps
    PA GApps
    SuperSu

Source Code
    Team Slim
    Team Omni
    Team CM
    Vanir AOSP
    Team Codefire
    Team PA
    @rascarlo

Source
    PSX Github

Screenshots
    Settings
    Interface
    About Tablet
    Added PSX-Light to the OP
    This is the newest branch. Everything is being built from ground up. This is purely for performance and speed. No added features just pure optimizations. PSX Fat Lady will be based on this version. PSX Light is more up to date, but lacks features.

psx_grouper_light 2014-02-06
    Mirror
    This should be the final build of PLSX. It has been updated to lastest AOSP 4.4.2_r2 (KVT49L build).

psx-light-grouper 2014-02-15
    Will you be making a Tilapia version? Would love to be able to see this running on my 3g version. We got very few roms for tilapia as of now.

I gave it a shot and couldn't figure it out. I'm a noob so it's out of my expertise.

On another note, I should have PLSX final in the next day or two.

Also, PSX_FAT_LADY early builds should pop up in a day or two as well. Of course, not all features may be implemented early on.