Encrypted? Have tried mostly everything.

Search This thread

ErikFry

Mar 11, 2011
Oakland/Portland
I want start by saying that I did not take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon. I flashed my phone from 4.2.1 to 4.4.1 cm11 and various KitKat Roms. My last being mastamoons version. I wanted to flash back to a 4.3 TW ROM for stability. KitKat has been wonderful the days it decided to be 100% stable. But the myriad of issues plaguing my daily apps, freezing or phone rebooting warranted a flash to TW 4.3. I made a forum post because I was not entirely sure how to flash from 4.4 AOSP back to 4.3 TW and the advice given to me on CleanROM 8.1 thread was to format data, cache, dalvik and flash the zip. I did so and everything was fine. No bootloop (yet, kinda. Will get to that). So my phone rebooted and the first try got me to the start screen. Here is where things go wrong. It asks me for my PIN or Password as if it is encrypted. I've never encrypted my phone so I was perplexed. I thought maybe I triggered KNOX? But CleanRom 8.1 is touchwiz. But it doesn't not include KNOX from what I've read. I've wiped system and tried multiple methods of formatting the phone and I always get back to the same problem .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

ErikFry

Mar 11, 2011
Oakland/Portland
The bootloop I solved after
I formatted /system. I even restored my previous cm10.2.1 backup which was on 4.3 and I did a manual factory reset from settings. Then I formatted data, cache, dalvik and still nothing.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
The bootloop I solved after
I formatted /system. I even restored my previous cm10.2.1 backup which was on 4.3 and I did a manual factory reset from settings. Then I formatted data, cache, dalvik and still nothing.

Try doing a complete wipe. What recovery are you using?

ErikFry

Mar 11, 2011
Oakland/Portland
I have wiped system, data and cache. Isn't that a full wipe? I'm running the latest clockwork mod recovery. Thank you for your response.

Thebear j koss

I have wiped system, data and cache. Isn't that a full wipe? I'm running the latest clockwork mod recovery. Thank you for your response.

You need to wipe your internal sdcard. Backup any important files to your external SD or a computer. Then wipe everything. System. Data. Internal SD card. Caches. Format system. Then flash the modem in the op if you haven't already. Should be in the op of the ROM you want to flash. Then flash the ROM. Might take up to 10-15 minutes for initial boot so be patient. You should be all good from there.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY- eliminate white backgrounds and any form of ics/holo blue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need to wipe your internal sdcard. Backup any important files to your external SD or a computer. Then wipe everything. System. Data. Internal SD card. Caches. Format system. Then flash the modem in the op if you haven't already. Should be in the op of the ROM you want to flash. Then flash the ROM. Might take up to 10-15 minutes for initial boot so be patient. You should be all good from there.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY- eliminate white backgrounds and any form of ics/holo blue.