How to access internal storage when power button is ripped ?

Search This thread

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Yesterday, power button has stopped to work. Nothing was happened when I pushed it.

I tried to open the device (my mistake :() and I tried to see if there was a problem. By opening device, I have accidentally ripped the power button component. So, now it's not connected to the nappe.

Logically, it's impossible to start device now without that connection between power button and nappe.

My problem is that the internal storage of my device contains a lot of photos that I would like to save.

Do you know if there is a way to get these photos ?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Sylvain

rlparnell

Jul 18, 2014
Houston
boot

i had that problem with another phone....which had a work around

but you may not like it.

1. you may be able mess with the pins in micro usb to get it to "trick" itsleslf on (idk if itll work for this phone, dont really wanna risk frying the phone too)

2. buy a new ribbon online. i took mine apart to paint it . and luckily this phone has a ribbon that slides and locks onto the board instead of soldered on

3.idk what bootloader you have but yours may have an option to take the battery out. *button press comb.* then you can get into download mode(which wont help) but could bring you into the bootloader....unlocked of course.

otherwise....

~*option 2*~ is the best course to take...and they are cheap

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i had that problem with another phone....which had a work around

but you may not like it.

1. you may be able mess with the pins in micro usb to get it to "trick" itsleslf on (idk if itll work for this phone, dont really wanna risk frying the phone too)

2. buy a new ribbon online. i took mine apart to paint it . and luckily this phone has a ribbon that slides and locks onto the board instead of soldered on

3.idk what bootloader you have but yours may have an option to take the battery out. *button press comb.* then you can get into download mode(which wont help) but could bring you into the bootloader....unlocked of course.

otherwise....

~*option 2*~ is the best course to take...and they are cheap

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I took option 2 for the moment and I bought power button nappe on internet.

I wait to receive it and i will try the operation of last chance lol.

Sylvain

rlparnell

Jul 18, 2014
Houston
assembly

When I put mine back together. The sticky back to the buttons wouldn't hold to put it back together.

I used a razor....clean it up and scrapped the sticky back to some Velcro I had.

I would hope they send it with the ?double sided tape? Needed to hold it on.