[Q] Flashing stock rom with odin?

Search This thread

Such Name

Dec 24, 2013
So. My S3's LCD is dead, and it's otherwise still working perfectly and I'm going to sell it for a person who is gonna change the LCD and use it. So if i just flash stock rom with odin, will it delete all files from my phone? Like pictures, videos, sounds and stuff?:silly:

dumpuz

Jun 9, 2010
Unfortunately that won't reset everything, the only way it would is if you would also flash the pit file so it reformats the phone. But this is dangerous and NOT recommended at all. But if you think it's worth the risk you could try, it can take a VERY long time.

Edit:
Just saw your previous thread that you managed to save your files. You can also delete the files the through ADB

Last edited:

Such Name

Dec 24, 2013
Unfortunately that won't reset everything, the only way it would is if you would also flash the pit file so it reformats the phone. But this is dangerous and NOT recommended at all. But if you think it's worth the risk you could try, it can take a VERY long time.

Edit:
Just saw your previous thread that you managed to save your files. You can also delete the files the through ADB

Oh i see. How its dangerous though?:confused: And also, what is the best way to totally format this phone?

Such Name

Dec 24, 2013
"Emergency bumb"! I need help as fast as possible to clean my phone as good as possible!

dumpuz

Jun 9, 2010
It's dangerous as in you can make the phone completely useless, so if you used the adb method to pull files, try using the shell to remove :)