4.4 in may

Search This thread

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
You know what this means right? The latest 4.3 will roll for the 6506 just before this shows up for the 6503 and puts everyone in a holding pattern for another month or two while waiting for the 6506 version to roll...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
You know what this means right? The latest 4.3 will roll for the 6506 just before this shows up for the 6503 and puts everyone in a holding pattern for another month or two while waiting for the 6506 version to roll...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

so is 6506 always lagging behind? idk bcoz i just bought my 6502 a month ago

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
true ! rather than waiting .. i prefer using those roms meanwhile

I find I still have bluetooth issues with Omni... I haven't really played with AOKP KK or CM11 recently... (last time I tried CM11, BT was very buggy...) and Liquid Smooth KK looks great... but some combination of things resulted in it not seeing my sim/baseband, etc...

I know that I don't seem to experience very good battery life with KK ASOP roms... of course, I don't see very great stock rom battery life either. I should spend some quality time with BBS and try and nail down what usually kills my battery life.

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
I find I still have bluetooth issues with Omni... I haven't really played with AOKP KK or CM11 recently... (last time I tried CM11, BT was very buggy...) and Liquid Smooth KK looks great... but some combination of things resulted in it not seeing my sim/baseband, etc...

I know that I don't seem to experience very good battery life with KK ASOP roms... of course, I don't see very great stock rom battery life either. I should spend some quality time with BBS and try and nail down what usually kills my battery life.

how much do u get ?
on custom sony roms ..anywhere between 8-12 hours ..
is normally what i get .. havent tried asop

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
how much do u get ?
on custom sony roms ..anywhere between 8-12 hours ..
is normally what i get .. havent tried asop

It really depends on how much I'm using my phone and if I'm playing games...

Yesterday I was at ~ 56% after ~ 11 hours on a custom sony rom... but it was fairly light usage (30-40 minutes of bluetooth audio playback, multiple gmail account access, some twitter, some facebook, some facebook messenger, some google hangouts, no calls, a few texts, etc.)

Similar time frame on ASOP (Omni) I would have ~ 40%... perhaps a little less. It's not terribly scientific as I'm not doing the exact same thing every day on my phone. it's also not like I don't use my phone at all... I did discover that HDwidgets was really killing my battery recently so I stopped using that.. OH, and to get better battery life on ASOP I'd also disabled GPS and google location services.

In general numbers, I generally see another 3-4 hours of run time when I'm using a Sony stock rom vs ASOP... but I know others get significantly better battery life than I do. *shrug*

(btw, today I'm at ~ 41% battery left after ~ 11:50 on battery, and I have ~ an hour of screen time. (~61% of my battery use is Android OS today... over 9 hours of keep awake time)

Last edited:

dmeerpa

Jul 12, 2013
Aalst
Last edited:
Reactions: bhavstech

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay

Top Liked Posts