[Q] Help please !!! I bricked my Nexus 5

Search This thread
G

GuestD2655

Help please :crying: I just bricked my phone and I am not able to unbrick it . First , it requires you to install adb driver but I didn't not enable usb debugging before the brick . And I cannot flash the factory image . Any ideas how to unbrick without enabling usb debugging ?

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Help please :crying: I just bricked my phone and I am not able to unbrick it . First , it requires you to install adb driver but I didn't not enable usb debugging before the brick . And I cannot flash the factory image . Any ideas how to unbrick without enabling usb debugging ?

What exactly did you do with the phone?
you don't need USB debugging to flash stock images. Your phone just need to be able to boot into fastboot and have the bootloader unlocked.
What happens when you press/hold power button for 20 seconds?

rao_hamza

Dec 25, 2010
Islamabad
My phone is stuck at boot animation

I am in a dire need to your help. i just got my phone to stuck in the boot animation. This is what happened

i had a nexus 5 for 6 months, it was rooted and had xpose framework installed. Yesterday i updated my xpose app to the latest and installed an xpose module "Call blocker". but after one day use, i realized that it was making my nexus slow and i was suffering from low performance. So today i decided to uninstall this app, by going into settings>apps>call blocker and uninstalled it from there. Just after that i rebooted by phone, but it got into the boot loop (reboot after finishing the boot animation).

This is what is already tried:

I downloaded the nexus 5 image from google and extracted it. I flashed all the stock images (from bootloader) but now my phone is stuck at boot animation. i also installed CWM recovery and formatted system, data, cache and all options that were available, after that i flashed it again with stock images, but still stuck in the boot animation (circles keep on spinning forever).

Please guide me... I can't think of any more ways :(

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I am in a dire need to your help. i just got my phone to stuck in the boot animation. This is what happened

i had a nexus 5 for 6 months, it was rooted and had xpose framework installed. Yesterday i updated my xpose app to the latest and installed an xpose module "Call blocker". but after one day use, i realized that it was making my nexus slow and i was suffering from low performance. So today i decided to uninstall this app, by going into settings>apps>call blocker and uninstalled it from there. Just after that i rebooted by phone, but it got into the boot loop (reboot after finishing the boot animation).

I downloaded the nexus 5 image from google and extracted it. I flashed all the stock images (from bootloader) but now my phone is stuck at boot animation. i also installed CWM recovery and formatted system, data, cache and all options that were available, after that i flashed it again with stock images, but still stuck in the boot animation (circles keep on spinning forever).

did you wipe data and cache with stock recovery after flashing?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

Are you sure you have flashed all the stock images? If so, then head to the stock recovery and perform a factory reset and then reboot. It should boot up.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Another newb that doesn't know the difference between fastboot and ADB, two of the MANY things you should be well-versed in before tinkering. Please head over the general forum and read the stickies.

rao_hamza

Dec 25, 2010
Islamabad
did you wipe data and cache with stock recovery after flashing?

Thank you for all your support. I was able to restore my phone back to normal. What i did, after flashing the stock images, and I rebooted my phone to recovery and wiped the user data and cache. Although i tried if previously but i don't know why i didn't work than. May be, it only works just after the flashing of new/stock rom. Anyjow its good now. thank you for the support

Thumbs up XDA :good::laugh: