N-station arrived today :-)

Search This thread

hookedonnook

Nov 2, 2011
Columbia
So far it was easy to place the NT on the station. The station is very light weight. The station seems to be very adjustable (as advertised). Now to test the charging ability and the sound ;)
Sent from my Nook Tablet using XDA

Last edited:

hookedonnook

Nov 2, 2011
Columbia
Okay so I've had it for a couple hours and I am impressed. What strikes the most is how such nice sound eminates from this light piece of equipment. I want to order a second one for work :D

Last edited:

hookedonnook

Nov 2, 2011
Columbia
It's the N-Station by Readerdock www.readerdock.com

I pre-ordered it back in March, received an e-mail on Thursday that it would be sent priority mail (Foc) and I rec'd it yesterday. I was worried because it felt so light in the box, but so far I am quite satisfied.

After having my Nook Tablet docking station for a full day, I can say I am still pleased! I really enjoy the sound quality. My NT has Team-B's CM7 rom on it, in addition to the Volume+ app, and the speakers sound great. I can't say how long it takes to get a full charge on the NT, but it is nice to grab my tablet and go knowing it is fully charged, despite my having using it for several hours. I would and have recommended it to friends and family!

Last edited:

AugustusBot

Nov 22, 2011
I ordered one of these last week.
It says this current round of orders will ship on May 25th or something like that.

I'm pretty excited. My plan is to use it with this: http://www.nextstepbabymonitors.com/video-baby-monitors/iphone-video-baby-monitor.htm, so that We have a cheap, large screen baby monitor to use in October.

My second plan is to take it on vacation with me for movies/shows, w/o the need of having to take my giant, dated laptop. How do you think it will fare w/ traveling? It probably doesn't get too compact, but that's something I can work around.

Is the speaker volume noticeably louder than the Nook's actual speaker?

Reactions: hookedonnook

hookedonnook

Nov 2, 2011
Columbia
Wow, that is a great idea! I love hearing the different ways people are using their NTs. It doesn't fold down too compactly, however, it came in a box about 2/3 the size of an adult shoe box. The sound is quite a bit louder and fuller than the nook alone. I'm sure you will like it (did I mention it weighs next to nothing).

arcon2600

May 17, 2012
Awesome idea AugustusBot, I haven't seen that camera before. Have you used one, is the quality good?

draygo

Jun 11, 2012
It says this current round of orders will ship on May 25th or something like that.

I'm pretty excited. My plan is to use it with this so that We have a cheap, large screen baby monitor to use in October.

My second plan is to take it on vacation with me for movies/shows, w/o the need of having to take my giant, dated laptop. How do you think it will fare w/ traveling? It probably doesn't get too compact, but that's something I can work around.

Save yourself some money and buy the foscam 8910 cameras directly from foscam or from buy.com. sometimes they have a 2 cam deal for 100 dollars. Then go to the maket place and download tinycam. We used this setip as a baby cam and haven't been disappointed.

Also congrats on the expecting.

Reactions: AugustusBot

AugustusBot

Nov 22, 2011
Save yourself some money and buy the foscam 8910 cameras directly from foscam or from buy.com. sometimes they have a 2 cam deal for 100 dollars. Then go to the maket place and download tinycam. We used this setip as a baby cam and haven't been disappointed.

Thanks for the reccomendation. Picked up 2 just now w/ some deal they're running for Fathers Day (coupon code FATHERSDAY at foscam.us), coupled w/ a Google Checkout coupon for $20 off $200 orders... got 2 for $165. The new ones, with wireless N.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4707930-Foscam-FI8910W-83-each-Father-days-sale?

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
So now that folks have had these for a while could someone let us know if this charges the nook at full speed or not? My second nook cable just died and it appears they're impossible to get through B&N now. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it requires an original nook cable (presumable for charging and audio)... I think I found one on CL.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm pretty excited. My plan is to use it with this: http://www.nextstepbabymonitors.com/video-baby-monitors/iphone-video-baby-monitor.htm, so that We have a cheap, large screen baby monitor to use in October.

I'm pretty excited. My plan is to use it with this so that We have a cheap, large screen baby monitor to use in October.