Touchscreen problem

Search This thread

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
Hello again friends,

So,after a while of asking and comparing devices,I finally got My Z1 yesterday,but guess what?I found out that it has the touchscreen problem!I realized it after doing the test..now I dont know if it can be fixed by some software or something or if I must return it to the store and wait a loooong time till they bring me another one which will probably have the same problem |-(

What can I do?any thoughts?

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul
Please man, use the search button, we have A LOT of posts about this problem, we have a possible solution for it, just serach on the forum and you will find.....

Reactions: MakaMika

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
Please man, use the search button, we have A LOT of posts about this problem, we have a possible solution for it, just serach on the forum and you will find.....

I've seen a few threads about it and in all of them everybody were asking,didnt quite see a solution..I would appreciate it if you can give me a hand,if not,then Thank you anyway :)

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul
Ok, some questions, On the box of your phone is write "Made in Brazil"? If you put your phone on a flat surface, wait 30 sec and try to scroll a page it will fail? When you are playing a game and the phone is hot your touch fails? If yes you have a hardware problem, ask for a replacement, i had to change my phone 3 times until find a working one, my other 2 Z1 was made in Brazil, now the working one is made in China, some people with the China one have this problem too, but is rare. The Brazilian version is having an assembly problem, causing bad contact, if this is your case change the phone. :)

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
Ok, some questions, On the box of your phone is write "Made in Brazil"? If you put your phone on a flat surface, wait 30 sec and try to scroll a page it will fail? When you are playing a game and the phone is hot your touch fails? If yes you have a hardware problem, ask for a replacement, i had to change my phone 3 times until find a working one, my other 2 Z1 was made in Brazil, now the working one is made in China, some people with the China one have this problem too, but is rare. The Brazilian version is having an assembly problem, causing bad contact, if this is your case change the phone. :)

made in china also have this problem. :crying:

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014

Thanks man for the follow up

To answer your Q,my phone is made in china,tried putting it on a flat surface waited 3os and i was able to scroll down without a problem,as for gaming,I still didnt do that i only got the phone yesterday

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul

To answer your Q,my phone is made in china,tried putting it on a flat surface waited 3os and i was able to scroll down without a problem,as for gaming,I still didnt do that i only got the phone yesterday

Ok, make a try with games and see if the problem will appears, i recommend you to do the following, pick a camera and record the problem when it appears, then take to store and change the phone, BUT before you go out test if the problem will come on the new phone, that was what i did, i stayed 3 hour inside the store testing :D

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
@MakaMika Sorry to say but you can join us here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540950

Anyway, still some chance to fix this touch screen problems with a software, a good new FW which we wait for it but I will not wait until that and I will send the phone back to the store when you bought it a tell them to fix it or replace with a new device, like I did. The phone still under warranty and should be issues free and it's not so you have the rights to send it back. Sony Service will decide if repair or replace.

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
3 hours???LOOL I guess i ll try the gaming test,what game do you recomand to heat up the phone quickly?:D

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
@MakaMika Sorry to say but you can join us here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540950

Anyway, still some chance to fix this touch screen problems with a software, a good new FW which we wait for it but I will not wait until that and I will send the phone back to the store when you bought it a tell them to fix it or replace with a new device, like I did. The phone still under warranty and should be issues free and it's not so you have the rights to send it back. Sony Service will decide if repair or replace.

Yo eclyptos, have you checked the sony forums? one of the mods replied that a software fix that will cure our ****ty problem will be released in the next update. Cross fingers for that.

My problem occurs even when browsing pictures, swiping in the pattern lock and gaming especially Shooting games like CK2

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
Yo eclyptos, have you checked the sony forums? one of the mods replied that a software fix that will cure our ****ty problem will be released in the next update. Cross fingers for that.

My problem occurs even when browsing pictures, swiping in the pattern lock and gaming especially Shooting games like CK2

Is that for sure dude?but what if it is a hardware issue?

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
This hardware issues can be managed via software that is why we wait for that FW. BTW we are not sure when and how and if it's hardware or software related but new FW should definitely help. They are aware about this issues and they point the FW in that way to fix it.

Hmmm,I see.You know im really confused now o_O

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Hmmm,I see.You know im really confused now o_O

Me too. :D I try to clarified, Sony never confirmed it's a hardware problem of they touch screen. People has different Touch Screen issues, someone when touch the aluminium frame the Touch Screen start working well again, someone else don't have that but have problem scrolling pages or opening the phone with pattern even if they touch the aluminium frame or not. So here is the confusion, who have to touch the aluminium frame to let working the Touch Screen saying it's a hardware related (kind of wrong phone sealing) and others who have the problem even when touching the aluminium frame or not saying it's a software related. Many said also after the update to 4.3 the touch screen get worse, like mine. Now do you understand the confusion? Many send the phones back via warranty, many waiting for a FW pointed to fix this issues. Developers are aware about this Touch Screen problem so they try to fix it, even if seems hardware related, with the release of the new updated FW .114, .124 or 136, who know?

Last edited:

MakaMika

Jan 6, 2014
Yes,I get you.mine works well when touching the aluminum frame.I guess after all i should return it,didnt even enjoy the few days of having it :(

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Are you sure that a hardware problem can be solved with software update? I mean, i know that software can turn around some issues, but this is not certain

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Are you sure that a hardware problem can be solved with software update? I mean, i know that software can turn around some issues, but this is not certain

Exactly, we don't know this yet. We have to wait for a new FW pointed to fix this problem. If they do it's a software issue.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Yes,I get you.mine works well when touching the aluminum frame.I guess after all i should return it,didnt even enjoy the few days of having it :(

You definitely should send it back. The FW I think it's the last chance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is that for sure dude?but what if it is a hardware issue?

This hardware issues can be managed via software that is why we wait for that FW. BTW we are not sure when and how and if it's hardware or software related but new FW should definitely help. They are aware about this issues and they point the FW in that way to fix it.

Ok, make a try with games and see if the problem will appears, i recommend you to do the following, pick a camera and record the problem when it appears, then take to store and change the phone, BUT before you go out test if the problem will come on the new phone, that was what i did, i stayed 3 hour inside the store testing :D

Exactly, we don't know this yet. We have to wait for a new FW pointed to fix this problem. If they do it's a software issue.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

You definitely should send it back. The FW I think it's the last chance.