[GUIDE] GPS Fix for the GB Leak for the G2x

Search This thread

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)

dial 1809#*999#
Scroll down to GPS Test
Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
Click System Settings
Check Use XTRAS
Click SUPL Setting
Click SLP Server Setting
Here, you can test for best results. I am using the Spirent server
Hit back x3
Click Get Position
Hit Menu
Click Settings
Session Type> Single Fix
Oper Mode > MS-Based
Hit Back
Go outside in a clear view
Hit Menu
Hit Start.
Let it do its thing for 10-15...

You should be good to go.
Again, for SLP server, test each one out.

Once done, you can grab GPS Test from the market and should have instant locks.

Last edited:

Atlantian

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks Again,

Followed the instructions worked perfect.

I went from Stock > CM7 > Stock and my GPS would take forever to lock once back on my stock ROM.

I found Spirent option to be the best and insta locked 5 Satallites. (Checked via gps check application)

Confirmed 2.3GB to 2.2 Froyo works to fix GPS

Thanks Again!
TW / Krylon you are appreciated

Last edited:

Atlantian

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Yes, it should. I went from stock to CM7 and the Gingerbread messed my GPS up. I went back to stock and the GPS was still messed up. I then followed Krylons instructions and it fixed the issue.

If you are on CM7 - try it and tell us if it works. - you can always do it again and go back to Tmobile Sats if it doesnt work.

I tested the 2.3CM7 > 2.2stock I volunteer you for the CM7 Test lol =p

diablos991

Mar 14, 2010
So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)

dial 1809#*999#
Scroll down to GPS Test
Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
Click System Settings
Check Use XTRAS
Click SUPL Setting
Click SLP Server Setting
Hit back x3
Click Get Position
Hit Menu
Click Settings
Session Type> Single Fix
Oper Mode > MS-Based
Hit Back
Hit Menu
Hit Start.

Mine didn't work with the Spirent server after 15 minutes, now I am trying the T-mobile server.

EDIT: Didn't work with T-mobile server... Now I will try the last one...

EDIT 2: No server worked for me. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I am on the GB leak rom. When I press menu+start and let it sit for 15 minutes outside on a balcony, I come back to it and everything is still solid 0's and google maps still won't lock a signal...

EDIT 3: I think you missed a step. Before selecting "Get position" I selected Apply for Setting Values and things look like they are working in the test.

EDIT 4: I still can't get an accurate fix. The closest I have got is 96m. I get anywhere between that and 12,000m.

Last edited:

diablos991

Mar 14, 2010
This is giving me improved accuracy; however, when I attempt to get driving navigation from google maps, it stalls on "searching for gps" and can never get an accurate enough lock to function.

Again, I went from stock to GB leak and am still on GB leak.

EDIT: I changed the Session Type to Tracking instead of Single fix and now it locks 10+ satellites instead of 3. I will take this on a navigation run and report back.

Last edited:

momentarylapseofreason

Apr 29, 2007
Chicago
Did you freeze any LG services i.e. com.lge.hiddenmenu?

Another way in is to use the app.Anycut to make a shortcut.

Didn't freeze anything. However, I cannot seem to find the lge.hiddenmenu on my phone. I would presume it to be in /system/app?

EDIT:
Did a full search with Root Explorer and couldn't find it. Could you send the APK to me at djstaticdj@gmail.com along with the correct folder it should be in? TIA

Last edited:

diablos991

Mar 14, 2010
Confirmed not working on gb leak.
The phone will find and utilize gps just fine.

However, you restart the phone, you have to perform the test over again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dial 1809#*999#
    Scroll down to GPS Test
    Click System Settings
    Check Use XTRAS
    Click SUPL Setting
    Click SLP Server Setting
    Hit back x3
    Click Get Position
    Hit Menu
    Click Settings
    Session Type> Single Fix
    Oper Mode > MS-Based
    Hit Back
    Hit Menu
    Hit Start.

I've had gps issues ever since I flashed Bionix2, now i'm back on stock ROM and the gps has been hosed for 2 straight days. I've tried the hidden gps menu fixes, I've tried downloading the .zip and running it in CWR, nothing worked.

then I downloaded GPSfix-0.1.apk and it's getting near instant 10m accuracy locks ever since!

I highly recommend it.

Instructions Here

I looked at the APK and it seems to do (at least) the following

1) Removes file /data/xtra.bin
    2) Downloads the file http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    3) ? Need more time to read the code
    EDIT: I changed the Session Type to Tracking instead of Single fix and now it locks 10+ satellites instead of 3. I will take this on a navigation run and report back.

This works! Accuracy was bang on. Thanks!
    When I enter the code itself, nothing happens. If I hit the send key, it then pulls up the USSD message. For what it's worth though, the CheckIn code still works no problem

i am using 'go dialer' ... i noticed it didnt work either until i went to the stock dialer, then ussd code worked ... to get to stock dialer go to your apps then contacts
    Can someone post up the lge.hiddenmenu apk??? This is your issue (and mine) seemingly

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2ZX6CS1