[Q] Reverted to GB Firmware, Now having data issues

Search This thread

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
Okay I ran the s-off tool last week and had success :). Then I decided to get off the ics leaked firmware and revert to the gb firmware.

I began experiencing issues with both my wifi and data disconnecting after a period of time. I have tried running the ruu in a exe and zip format and neither have fixed the problem. I also have tried doing a factory reset and clear storage from hboot immediately after the ruu was installed. No luck.

Not sure what the problem is here. Lol. I haven't seen anyone having problems going from ics back to gb. Am I missing something?

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Okay I ran the s-off tool last week and had success :). Then I decided to get off the ics leaked firmware and revert to the gb firmware.

I began experiencing issues with both my wifi and data disconnecting after a period of time. I have tried running the ruu in a exe and zip format and neither have fixed the problem. I also have tried doing a factory reset and clear storage from hboot immediately after the ruu was installed. No luck.

Not sure what the problem is here. Lol. I haven't seen anyone having problems going from ics back to gb. Am I missing something?

Hmm, I just finished reading the whole post, everyone else seemed to be fixed by doing the factory reset and clear storage. I reverted and haven't had any issues, granted I am just in 3g land so don't think 3G was an issue . Is it a problem while on the stock rom or just when you flash a custom rom ?

tekhna

Dec 31, 2007
I'm running stock and the weird thing is that my data icon goes away but in settings it has it marked like it is on.

That's because the radio is on, but just because the radio is on doesn't mean you have a data connection.

Isn't there a known issue with flashing back to GB firmware and losing data?

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
That's because the radio is on, but just because the radio is on doesn't mean you have a data connection.

Isn't there a known issue with flashing back to GB firmware and losing data?

Some have reported it , but he attempted the fix already and is saying it still isn't working. I am really not sure what else you could try other than running the RUU again, then trying to factory reset and clear storage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You shouldn't post your issue twice

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2