Nokia wireless charging works.

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Just got the n4 today. My Nokia wireless charger works fine.
You can buy it at Att or Verizon or Tmobile I'm guessing.

u4eba6ud.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Yea just a little bit. No big deal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mZimm

Jan 31, 2008
if nokia's newest charging stand works (which it should) i'll probably get that one Here

Exactly what I'm thinking. Haven't found anywhere online with them in stock though. Amazon, T-Mobile, and AT&T all list it as backordered or something similar. My corporate discount gets 25% off at Verizon, but they only have the flat one right now, sadly.

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
I bought the JBL PowerUp speaker, also made for the lumia... Same issue with disconnecting. :((( I'm so frustrated.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app

norazi

Mar 30, 2010
im wondering if maybe using a high power (2-3 amp) USB adapter would make a difference.. like the ipad charger

Sontoriman

Nov 9, 2012
amperage too low?

I'm hardly an engineer, but the specs say the DT-900 is only 300ma. Maybe that's causing the problem with the N4.

Reactions: KevinChaos

FallN

Apr 11, 2006
I tired both the Nokia puck and the JBL speakers in a Verizon store. Both had the infamous charging/not charging problem.

It's a no-go for either I'm afraid. I can assume the same for the Fatboy pillow too... :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

Droidz

Oct 28, 2009
The charger works perfectly fine, you just have to make sure that the nexus 4 isn't sliding off because of the glass back. That'd what was causing it to connect/disconnect for me. Works great after I just put a piece of microfiber cloth on it before laying the phone down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

FallN

Apr 11, 2006
The charger works perfectly fine, you just have to make sure that the nexus 4 isn't sliding off because of the glass back. That'd what was causing it to connect/disconnect for me. Works great after I just put a piece of microfiber cloth on it before laying the phone down.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :eek:

I tired it in the store including holding it still and steady in every position imaginable and I still got the charging on and off cycling of doom.

So seriously, please post photos or a video.

Sent from my Nexus 4

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
yes, i would love if you can prove that it works.... i can pick up a nokia charger on the cheap..

I wonder if it makes a difference that he is using the dock as opposed to the pad? Thoughts

twistedh

Sep 10, 2011
Copenhagen
I've seen it mentioned that the reliability of the charging depends on whether NFC is turned on or off. Think it was mentioned by someone on Engadget. Not sure how that would affect the Qi charging, but worth a shot I suppose.

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
I've seen it mentioned that the reliability of the charging depends on whether NFC is turned on or off. Think it was mentioned by someone on Engadget. Not sure how that would affect the Qi charging, but worth a shot I suppose.

Hmm... I'll try this when I get home. Odd.. But I'll still try it.

FallN

Apr 11, 2006
I said: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! (Or video, lol) :D

Can anyone post some visual proof before people run out to get this thing, spend their cash and find out they got trolled... :(

Sent from my Nexus 4

FallN

Apr 11, 2006
Love how " Droidz" disappeared when asked to take a pic/video as proof since everyone else had experienced the disconnect/connect issue... So I call bull until he provides proof. Don't waste you time or cash until he does. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

tdesbien31

Sep 1, 2010
Guys, it very may work for Droidz, if you read The Verge's report you will notice that the charging issue seems to not affect ALL Nexus 4's, read below is an excerpt from The Verge's article

""The Nexus 4 and the Nokia DT-900 are supposed to properly work together," says Menno Treffers, chairman of the Wireless Power Consortium. Indeed, not everyone is having trouble pairing the Nexus 4 to the DT-900: Engadget reported success, for instance. But a single bad experience instills doubt in a standard that needs as much traction as it can get early on in the game."

Reactions: FallN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The standing one is impossible to find so most are trying with the flat charger from the looks of it.

While I was out last night, I passed a Verizon store and said " what the Hell", went in and purchased one asking multiple times about the return policy knowing full and well it probably wouldn't work and knowing I'd be back down the next day to return it.

I tested this over night and all this morning. With much finessing, I was able to get the charging/not charging cycling to stop. Got it to show " charging" without interruption but...

IT DOES NOT ACTUALLY CHARGE THE BATTERY! I'M ACTUALLY LOOSING BATTERY %!!!

Everything indicates that it's charging, on screen and in the Battery settings BUT MY BATTERY % IS GOING DOWN! It's gone from 94% to 83% all while saying it's charging!!

Note: I have NFC turned OFF, Airplane mode, all wireless radios and cellular OFF. EVERYTHING OFF EXCEPT THE SCREEN TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS. Yet still the battery is DISCHARGING while displaying that it's charging.

Also note, that I tried a mouse pad, several microfiber cloths, even folded napkins of varying thicknesses, still losing battery and not actually charging my Nexus 4 even with every other indication that it should be!

This is a complete mess. I'm done playing Nokia Qi charging games. IT DOES NOT WORK. No one has provided video proof of charging and battery percent actually going up. All state that there is charging/not charging cycling to whatever degree.

I am providing picture proof that it does NOT charge even if you manage to get past the insane charging/not charging cycling to a steady charging stat with all radios off including NFC using a myriad of things including mouse pads, microfiber cloths, napkins, naked back glass of the N4 and an N4 with a back screen protector. Nothing can get this thing to actually CHARGE.

DO NOT BUY NOKIA WIRELESS CHARGERS. THEY DO NOT WORK!

Until someone can provide video proof showing without a doubt that the battery percent is actually GOING UP, don't buy this thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Why is the thread titled "Nokia wireless charging works." If it doesn't? :screwy:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    amperage too low?

I'm hardly an engineer, but the specs say the DT-900 is only 300ma. Maybe that's causing the problem with the N4.
    Guys, it very may work for Droidz, if you read The Verge's report you will notice that the charging issue seems to not affect ALL Nexus 4's, read below is an excerpt from The Verge's article

""The Nexus 4 and the Nokia DT-900 are supposed to properly work together," says Menno Treffers, chairman of the Wireless Power Consortium. Indeed, not everyone is having trouble pairing the Nexus 4 to the DT-900: Engadget reported success, for instance. But a single bad experience instills doubt in a standard that needs as much traction as it can get early on in the game."
    I don't see why it shouldn't work, it's based on the QI standard which should be compatible.

are people using the standing one or the lay flat version of the charger.