[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok
ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)

Last edited:

limital

Apr 3, 2012
Can you pls help me with my phone? I'm unable to flash anything onto it to get it working again :/ Gets stuck at boot no recovery only download mode. Counter goes up when i flash custom things but binary and system do not change to official when i flash stock rom. Tried many things. Here you can read more about it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040464

Grateful for any help :/

Reactions: zaidun

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok
Can you pls help me with my phone? I'm unable to flash anything onto it to get it working again :/ Gets stuck at boot no recovery only download mode. Counter goes up when i flash custom things but binary and system do not change to official when i flash stock rom. Tried many things. Here you can read more about it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040464

Grateful for any help :/

Firstly, is your device rooted? have you got cwm installed in your device before not being able to boot? If yes i recommend you to try and reflash the file and stock firmware through odin. MAKE SURE that it is for you device! [eg. for n7100 and not for n7105]

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
The stock browser doesn't have anymore the "zoom on the side" feature on XXDLK7? or is it custom rom specific? any way to get it back?
Thanks^^

Jun 27, 2012
Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355939543129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355939543129.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,954

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok
Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached

Hi, your screenshot does not give me the information about your device model but not about other things, can you please go into you status and send me your device status, also please send me the whole picture of your "about device." :)

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok
The stock browser doesn't have anymore the "zoom on the side" feature on XXDLK7? or is it custom rom specific? any way to get it back?
Thanks^^

Should get chrome :p hahaha but anyways, there is a possibilty that it is rom specific but that is very unlikely, as developers would not really wanna touch the stock browser as normally i would see they would add an alternative browser such as chrome to their roms. To get the feature back you might need to push the app from the previous rom/version you were using. :)

Jun 27, 2012
Restarted phone all seems well now..says latest software updated...strange behaviour. ..thanks for the help

ObenDevin

Jun 23, 2012
Gaziantep
obendevin.blogspot.com
TriangleAway crash

Hello, thanks for this thread. I have a GT-N7100 now but previously i had GT-9100 and i'm familiar with rooting, rom flashing, etc.. and i've used TriangleAway so many times. When i get my hands on note 2 first thing i've done was rooting it with CF Auto Root package via Odin. then i've done wiping steps and after that i tried to flash my counter via TriangleAway(purchased from market). It said i have to download data to use it so i did. When TriangleAway opened "Current Status" said current status cannot be determined so i have to go special boot mode for reset. So i tried to reset my counter. Unfortunately when app tried to check for kernel, first app froze and after that it crashed and showed a warning about app being stopped. I tried to delete and re-install app(no good), gone to download mode it said normal status with 1 custom software install, looked to recovery menu for any changes(it is stock not CWM) and tried to find any wrong thing i've screwed up while rooting. But i couldn't find anything. I've looked at chainfire's blog, TriangleAway app post and everywhere i can think of. I cannot find anything. Can u help me with my problem. Thank you for your time and if i misused English anyhow and it came difficult to read sorry in advance. :)

limital

Apr 3, 2012
Firstly, is your device rooted? have you got cwm installed in your device before not being able to boot? If yes i recommend you to try and reflash the file and stock firmware through odin. MAKE SURE that it is for you device! [eg. for n7100 and not for n7105]

No my phone was not rooted before that happened and even when i flash CWM onto it nothing changes -> I'm not getting into recovery

Reactions: wan-apies

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
Hello, thanks for this thread. I have a GT-N7100 now but previously i had GT-9100 and i'm familiar with rooting, rom flashing, etc.. and i've used TriangleAway so many times. When i get my hands on note 2 first thing i've done was rooting it with CF Auto Root package via Odin. then i've done wiping steps and after that i tried to flash my counter via TriangleAway(purchased from market). It said i have to download data to use it so i did. When TriangleAway opened "Current Status" said current status cannot be determined so i have to go special boot mode for reset. So i tried to reset my counter. Unfortunately when app tried to check for kernel, first app froze and after that it crashed and showed a warning about app being stopped. I tried to delete and re-install app(no good), gone to download mode it said normal status with 1 custom software install, looked to recovery menu for any changes(it is stock not CWM) and tried to find any wrong thing i've screwed up while rooting. But i couldn't find anything. I've looked at chainfire's blog, TriangleAway app post and everywhere i can think of. I cannot find anything. Can u help me with my problem. Thank you for your time and if i misused English anyhow and it came difficult to read sorry in advance. :)

I used cf auto root on a friends n7100. The counter was reset by auto root itself.
You dont need triangle away as separate app. Just use cf auto root and make sure you use the right version for n7100

EDIT: you need triangle away for the counter. Auto root just installs stock recovery after rooting. I was wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ObenDevin

Jun 23, 2012
Gaziantep
obendevin.blogspot.com
Ktp1976 well even before i used TriangleAway counter was showing 1 due to CF Auto Root flash via Odin. But what you are saying is interesting thoug i've never seen something like it.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok

Hi, at the moment i would recommend you to try and restock again and then try to reset the counter. You can also try and download the triangle away version from the xda forum(i know its the same but who knows it might make a difference). If this does not work, i would recommend you to try and install redpill kernel and then try to reset counter again then restock, if you are running a custom roms in your phone, everytime you reboot the device will store a counter, so you will have to reset the counter everytime. :) Hope i have helped you.

Chayangkul99

Oct 15, 2012
Bangkok
No my phone was not rooted before that happened and even when i flash CWM onto it nothing changes -> I'm not getting into recovery

Your case is really weird, maybe try root it before installing the cwm and see what happens. Then after that try and restock it again. :)

ObenDevin

Jun 23, 2012
Gaziantep
obendevin.blogspot.com
Hi, at the moment i would recommend you to try and restock again and then try to reset the counter. You can also try and download the triangle away version from the xda forum(i know its the same but who knows it might make a difference). If this does not work, i would recommend you to try and install redpill kernel and then try to reset counter again then restock, if you are running a custom roms in your phone, everytime you reboot the device will store a counter, so you will have to reset the counter everytime. :) Hope i have helped you.

First of all thank you and ktp1976 for answering.. Ok now i'm re-download everything from your thread and try it again.. I saw redpill kernel yesterday while i was searching is there any siyah kernel for note 2.. I luvved siyah kernel on my sgs2 but unfortunately there isn't one for it and developer wrote he will not wrote any version of siyah kernel for note series anytime soon.. so while i was looking for a kernel written by a suggested developer from gokhanmoral i came across to it.. the thing is i never have used any kernels double rom features or try to overlock any of my devices, i tried custom roms like miui, cyanogen, lightning on sgs2 but there was always a downside of all of the custom roms and every single time i've re-return to stock roms.. and while using stock roms i don't need any cutting edge features of advanced kernels i just need root permissions for using TitaniumBackup, Root Explorer and ROM ToolBox.. so that is the reason why i didn't try to have an advanced kernel.. Still if you are saying i will need it i will give it a shot.. :) I'll report after.. :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"