Android 4.3 Release Thread: Speculation, facts, ideas

Search This thread

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
The update started rolling out to the international S3 this morning. Hopefully that means they have a release blue build ready to go for the carrier versions, but I am not holding my breath...

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I love how android authority keeps reporting the updates "are right on schedule" for 4.3 updates according to that leaked document. Even after Sprint missed its timeline, and now AT&T has missed their s3 timeline. They never say anything about the timelines actually being missed on several carriers.

TheHowiie

Nov 14, 2013
I thought the same but I read that on another site the update was still being rolled out in the fits and starts. Drop date was 11/13/13 however so far I've only heard of s4 users receiving the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
I heard the International s3 update has major bugs and many guys are flashing back to 4.1.2 until they are sorted....I'm happy to wait for a bug free update.

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/13...ing-major-issues-might-have-been-put-on-hold/

This is dated 2 days ago. On the International thread guys are still reverting back as of today. I have not heard anything about todays update.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

This is the thread I have been following.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47460205

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
If it weren't for Galaxy Gear, we most likely wouldn't be scheduled for this update at all.

I know. I'm sure AT&T does not want to miss the chance to make some money...especially around the holidays. With the changes to upgrading cycles going from early upgrade at 18 months to waiting the full 24, no one it's going to update to the latest model unless that pay full price. I can see them not updating the HTC ONE because there is no pricey accessories to make money from.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to personally thank loserskater and enewman for their time, and at least one device, on this update. Their hard work is definitely appreciated by me. Thanks guys.
    Kies will not work to update to 4.3 because it is OTA only. I have upgraded everything including bootloaders but will not be testing a downgrade because I do not want to go back to 4.1.x and because I need this device. @enewman17 has an extra device that he might try it on. One thing I noticed is that wifi was not working until I upgraded the bootloader and that is similar to the tmo release, which isn't a good sign because if it is similar to the tmo release, downgrading is how a few of them have hard bricked.

Auto root does work, and it works well. No need to mess with selinux at all. Knox has caused a few issues and will likely need to be removed but selinux hasn't been causing any issues yet. Another thing is that I've rebooted multiple times and root has been perfect.

I'm going to warn everyone. if you update to this I don't think you can downgrade your bootloaders. I just bricked my extra S3 trying to downgrade. I can't say for sure that is what caused it but I'm fairly certain. So please do not flash any of the recovery flashable bootloaders we have floating around in the threads if you have updated to the new 4.3 OTA
    Uploading the OTA right now. It will only work if you're on 4.1.2.
    I'm going to remove everything but the system/kernel and create a flashable zip for everybody.
    First of all thanks for doing this...
    Have a question for you... Ur ROM doesnt have root. So can i root it? Or there is no reliable rooting method for 4.3 version. Last i used cf root in 4.1.2.

Doing a system dump right now and then will try auto root

I am guessing that they used patch files inside? Like they did with the ATT S4 4.3 update. This would probably be why you would have to be on 4.1.2 firmware? Hopefully we can get the FULL Odin style package from it if this is the case.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

That's correct. I doubt we'll see a odin tar. Not sure what AT&T's MO is, but I don't like the lack of odin files.
    I'm going to do what I did with the 4.1.2 OTA update. Flash it and dump everything then create a flashable zip.
    Here is the stock OTA update. flash in recovery. This was taken straight from my device.
    This will put you at stock 4.3! No root, custom recovery, or any kind of modification was made to this.
    You MUST be on stock 4.1.2 or it will fail to flash. Use this if you were on the 4.3 leak or if it says you're up to date.

I shoudn't have to say it but I747 only!

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291680116

NOTE: Some users on the Tmo forums have complained of not being able to flash anything other than 4.3 in odin after upgrading. You should be able to flash a cutom recovery, but if you're unsure about 4.3 and want to stick with 4.1.x then DO NOT flash this. I'm currently working on a modified 4.3 with only system, boot.img, and modem and will have something up soon.