Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 QVGA/WVGA/VGA GSM or CDMA Hybrid

Search This thread

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 CABs for Windows Mobile CDMA or GSM Devices.​

Motorola Q's DO NOT support Arcsoft so DO NOT install these CABs.​

I hacked this version of Arcsoft to be a Hybrid Version. Meaning it will support both MMS and Pics/Videos (be able to view existing messages from either version). This version supports CDMA and GSM devices. The optional CABs to download and install QVGA (320x240), WVGA (800x480), and VGA (640x480).

The only bug I couldnt eliminate is if you try and forward a video message sent or received using a NON pics/video version of Arcsoft (MMS) using this version it will say it cannot. But it will save it in your drafts in which you can open it and send it from there.

1: If you are able to uninstall your old version of Arcsoft you should do so before installing this CAB. Otherwise my CAB is set up to delete the registry settings for Arcsoft for you.

2: Install my Security Policy Lifter CAB (you may or may not need this depending on the ROM you use) and reboot your device.

3: Now choose a CAB to install your options are below. Obviously reboot your device after installation.

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 QVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 WVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 VGA

To use these CABs for your Carrier you will need to edit the registry to get the most out of your Carriers settings like UI settings, ports, and send/receive sizes. Locations you will need to change and fill in certain values depending are listed below.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader] <--GSM server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2] <--CDMA server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\GSM] <--GSM server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\CDMA] <--CDMA server

Make sure that after installing an Arcsoft CAB that you dont fall victim to the WAP type bug this link will explain what happens and what it is and how to fix it.

If it doesnt install soft reset your device and try again. Do not check messages first just reboot and install.

Last edited:

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
I'm on Sprint and I'm not sure what to change in the registry, as I saw that someone else posted earlier. Do I need to accomplish these regedits at the start to enable mms? That is my main concern. If that works, save that one bug you couldn't fix, that's awesome. I can figure out the rest. As soon as I cook another rom w/my old arcsoft removed I will report back. Thanks for sharing your hack.

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Mine shows 5.2.6 in the about screen (I did install the correct version - I checked in add/remove programs it shows 5.2.8) Am using wvga version that is posted

RyanMogul

Mine shows 5.2.6 in the about screen (I did install the correct version - I checked in add/remove programs it shows 5.2.8) Am using wvga version that is posted

Sssuurrree it doesss...

I just checked. I figured out that it matters what device you install it on if the version number will display correctly in the about screen (has to do with a resolution specific .dll). WVGA is 800x480 Touch Pro 2 and equivalent. QVGA is 320x240 Mogul and equivanlent. VGA is 640x480 Touch Pro and equivalent. What device do you have the WVGA version installed on?

Last edited:

furrelkt

Aug 31, 2008
Fullerton, CA
Do you have a screen shot of this? I would like to know if this version does threaded MMS/SMS (in one message)? If you recieve a sms from someone and then recieve a mms, does it show the messages in ONE message or two? Thanks for this.

bipinsen

Sep 16, 2007
Do you have a screen shot of this? I would like to know if this version does threaded MMS/SMS (in one message)? If you recieve a sms from someone and then recieve a mms, does it show the messages in ONE message or two? Thanks for this.

In ONE message! Yes!! Finally...

And I don't remember if I said this - but thanks for posting this. My MMS send/receive was always iffy with the version that came in the ROM. With this, everything is locked down tight!

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
I'm on Sprint and I'm not sure what to change in the registry, as I saw that someone else posted earlier. Do I need to accomplish these regedits at the start to enable mms? That is my main concern. If that works, save that one bug you couldn't fix, that's awesome. I can figure out the rest. As soon as I cook another rom w/my old arcsoft removed I will report back. Thanks for sharing your hack.

ever figure outt whatt to do with sprint??

i wanna use this but not sure what to edit.

zhw007

May 28, 2008
OnePlus 8
@RyanMogul6800
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, from China I can't access the link thanks to the famous GWF, so could you send a copy of Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 VGA to me privately via email (waynewzheng@gmail.com) if you don't want to upload directly here?

Thanks in advance. :)

RyanMogul

I have the same problem...

I have download VGA version

QVGA will say 5.2.8.45
VGA will say 5.2.7.45
WVGA will say 5.2.6.45

This is by design dont ask me lol. I have tried everything only thing that worked was taking the MMSRes_240x320.Dll from the QVGA version and renaming it to your resolution and then pasting it in windows directory after installing either the VGA or WVGA version. That will make it say 5.2.8.45 but not sure what else it potentially messes up as the file sizes for that dll are much different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 CABs for Windows Mobile CDMA or GSM Devices.​

Motorola Q's DO NOT support Arcsoft so DO NOT install these CABs.​

I hacked this version of Arcsoft to be a Hybrid Version. Meaning it will support both MMS and Pics/Videos (be able to view existing messages from either version). This version supports CDMA and GSM devices. The optional CABs to download and install QVGA (320x240), WVGA (800x480), and VGA (640x480).

The only bug I couldnt eliminate is if you try and forward a video message sent or received using a NON pics/video version of Arcsoft (MMS) using this version it will say it cannot. But it will save it in your drafts in which you can open it and send it from there.

1: If you are able to uninstall your old version of Arcsoft you should do so before installing this CAB. Otherwise my CAB is set up to delete the registry settings for Arcsoft for you.

2: Install my Security Policy Lifter CAB (you may or may not need this depending on the ROM you use) and reboot your device.

3: Now choose a CAB to install your options are below. Obviously reboot your device after installation.

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 QVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 WVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 VGA

To use these CABs for your Carrier you will need to edit the registry to get the most out of your Carriers settings like UI settings, ports, and send/receive sizes. Locations you will need to change and fill in certain values depending are listed below.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader] <--GSM server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2] <--CDMA server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\GSM] <--GSM server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\CDMA] <--CDMA server

Make sure that after installing an Arcsoft CAB that you dont fall victim to the WAP type bug this link will explain what happens and what it is and how to fix it.

If it doesnt install soft reset your device and try again. Do not check messages first just reboot and install.
    probs wrong place to ask.... but you seem to know arcsoft's mms software very well.

I installed 5.2.0.47 on my Samsung B7610 and everything is setup and working fine.

I can send and recive SMS and MMS fine.

However if I am sitting in the messenger app in the account "SMS / MMS" and click "Menu" > "New" I only find two entries in the list "voicemail" and "mms". I belive sms should be an option here and wondered if someone knew the reg setting or other setting I need to alter to put SMS in this list.

Thanks

john