Remote steering wheel control ( v1.2.1 ) based on Arduino + (BT)?

Search This thread

quickline

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply! I've pushed the sketch provided to my Arduino Leonardo and installed the apk on my Nexus 7. I'm about to wire this up and test it.

quickline

Dec 19, 2007
Got it to work!

One question - how exactly does the hold function work? It seems that it performs the onclick task before it can read the hold. For example, if I have onclick set to play next song, an onhold to play the previous, holding the button will first go to the next song, and then back to the same one that was playing.

quickline

Dec 19, 2007
Identified an issue - I'm running Timur's USBROM on my 2012 Nexus 7. When then tablet is woken from sleep (with ignition), the controls do not work. I have to go into Remote Inputs Manager settings and select my USB device from the list. Any solution to this?

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
bluetooth

Identified an issue - I'm running Timur's USBROM on my 2012 Nexus 7. When then tablet is woken from sleep (with ignition), the controls do not work. I have to go into Remote Inputs Manager settings and select my USB device from the list. Any solution to this?

if you use a bluetooth module you will not have this issue.. they are 9.00$ amazon hc-06. when your tablet boots up it will auto connect no problems. @_crue_ is a good guy he helped me step by step make sure to thank him.........

_crue_

Nov 13, 2013
it a feature of kernel/rom usb devices remounted on different address, I don't know a way to fix this from app side

rgp95

May 18, 2015
Amazing idea!
its possible make a new version with support arduino chinese (ch340). I try install a new kernel with support for arduino nano v3, worksfine on terminal, but the app do not recognize.

check github. com / mik3y/usb-serial-for-android

Last edited:

capu81

Oct 20, 2008
Hi, i've a qeustion about wire from a can-bus to resistive adapter and arduino

I have a Golf 6 and an adapter for Pioneer like this:
42-CT-X03.jpg

from this page(http://www.jvde.net/node/7) i've found the pinout of mini jack:
values.jpg

So i've 3 wires. In witch PINs of the arduino (i've UNO) i must connet this wires?

Sorry but i'm new to arduino

Maniac82

Oct 10, 2015
Not set variables in Tasker

Hello! Please help!
Not working! Variables In Tasker not set!
Write in Serial <temp:500> every 2 second.
In app all work - value correct show and action working.
In tasker intent org.kangaroo.rim.action.ACTION_DATA_RECEIVE working, but variables not set!
Widget from this thread also work!
carpc. ru/showthread.php?t=21272

TempRead (9)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Temp To:%org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_ARGS Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Eeee To:%org.kangaroo.rim.device.extra_args Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ]
A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Test To:%org.kangaroo.rim.device.extra_command Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%Ttt To:%org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_COMMAND Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ]

Why not working tasker? ? Allow external action is ON!

Last edited:

Nilleri

Nov 25, 2014
Hi everyone.. Thanks for the great work on this..

I have a question regarding how to do this.
- I have bought the Arduino uno board, and would like to hear if it is necessary to use resistors? What purpose does this have?

Can I just follow the diagram on the first page to get uno up and running?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

quickline

Dec 19, 2007
I've upgraded by Nexus 7 2013 to 5.1.1 (build number LMY48T). I am no longer able to link a button to a Tasker task. It has been this way for the last 2 or 3 Lollipop builds. Is there a quick fix, and if not, is there something I can do to help troubleshoot?

Thanks

tobias.s

Sep 3, 2011
Hello,
I don't know if the developper of this app is still reading here. It would be nice if you can update your android app so that it would work with arduino uno or the sparkfun clones.
These devices need some initialisation. These Arduinos use the DTR line to determine serial channel readiness. In your Android code, call setDTR(true);
Check here: https://github.com/mik3y/usb-serial...ro-or-other-arduino-and-if-serial-doesnt-work
The best option imho would be to set the app opensource as mentioned by other users already.
Thanks

Sivyx

Mar 11, 2010
On my car swc + is on 12v and + isn't in iso connector. 12v + is from lcd, and the only ground go to the conncector, but is from 12v power supply.. How can i connect this in my car??

valk791

Dec 27, 2013
Hi guys i would ask your help. I have an Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Installed in the dash a nexus 7 2013 and I want use the steering wheel buttons. The car use the protocol is 15765-4 29bit and I have on Bluetooth obd reader. Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

tonho_rs

Feb 16, 2018
First of all I'm sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and I'm using Google Translate.

Is this topic still receiving help?

I installed the "RemoteInputsMgr-1.3.2" App on my Android 4.4.4 KitKat tablet, the App opens normally but does not recognize my Arduino Nano (Atmega 328P) via USB.

I compiled the code in Arduino and it works, the tablet receives the values, I realized this through another USB serial reader.

Can anyone help me, you know why the App does not recognize the Arduino?

From now on I am grateful.

delletenebre

Nov 17, 2013
Bishkek
Unfortunately, the author has not updated the program for a long time and I had problems with bluetooth auto-connection. So I had to write my own program, but with similar functionality, free and open-source: github.com/delletenebre/SerialManager2

painluck

Mar 11, 2010
sketch problem

hy guys.i have a problem when i want to upload a sketch on arduino pro micro .
error compiling for bord arduino/genuino micro
invalid library found. what wrong do it.please scuze me for my english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm grad :) to release my app for managing remote control of a steering wheel.
    solution based on arduino and my own app for Nexus 7 tablet. (sure it could be used any where else)

I'm used Arduino mini (not the best option, but this is what I had). and Arduino usb adapter (for serial communication)
    Mini05_front_450px.jpg
    USBSerial_Front450px.jpg

Arduino diagram:

R1 - could lower than 50kOm, but not bigger (if used on-board power)
    R1 - should be bigger than max resistor in buttons set.
    I've used ~47kOm

sketch for arduino based on carlynorama / Arduino-Library-Button
    you can find sketch in attachmanets
    also as RemoteInputsMgr app.

App is very simple in usage
    very option for selecting usb device (in case if you have more than one usb serial adapter )

App supports running applications, changing volume, control media, running Tasker tasks.
    Support click and hold actions then could be set individually for each button.

requiremens:
    • min Android version 4.2.2
    • usb host mode or Bluetooth

if you have a problems with app, try to install Usb serial monitor and check is there any messages in Serial,
    my app uses the same lib

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    version 1.1:

arduino connected to HC-06:
    • + good strong signal
    • + TX,RX signal accepted in 5v
    • - need 3.3v power supply

• added Bluetooth support
    • changed service implementation
    • added notification in status bar (not removable)
    • added freetronics support
    --
    version 1.2:

• updated to 1.2
    • fixed restoring connection after deep sleep
    • fixed issues with connecting to Arduino Micro and Leonardo.
    • fixed handling usb detach action when used Bluetooth
    --
    version 1.2.1:

• updated to 1.2.1
    • fixed executing Hold event
    --
    version 1.2.2:

• updated to 1.2.2
    • fixed issues related to using of FTDI devices
    --
    version 1.3.0:

• updated to 1.3.0
    • added support bluetooth devices in master mode (in general much better then use look device conncetion)
    • connection fixes for bluetooth
    • added broadcasting data recive action for communicating with external apps
      action: org.kangaroo.rim.action.ACTION_DATA_RECEIVE
      exrta: org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_COMMAND, org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_ARGS
      data format that accepted from device "<extra_command:extra_args>"
    • added support recive data from external apps for sending to device
      action: org.kangaroo.rim.action.ACTION_DATA_SEND
      exrta: org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_COMMAND, org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_ARGS
      data format that will be sent to device "<extra_command:extra_args>"

master device configuration:
    //AT+ROLE=1 - master
    //AT+CMODE=1 - connect to all device (or yse could use 0 with BAT+BIND=mac,of,you,device)
    //AT+SENM=3,0 - allow to connect to tablet after pair even table if hidden
    //AT+IAC=9e8b33 - stay visible

device init code for arduino:
    PHP:
    void setup()
    {
      pinMode(KPin, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(SPin, INPUT);  

Serial.begin(115200);  
      while (!Serial);  
      Serial.flush();

digitalWrite(KPin, HIGH);
      delay(500);
      Serial.print("AT+RESET\r\n");
      Serial.flush();
      delay(1000);
      Serial.print("AT+INIT\r\n");
      Serial.flush();
      delay(1000);
      Serial.print("AT+INQ\r\n");
      Serial.flush();
      digitalWrite(KPin, LOW);
    }

example for testing external comminication with tasker:

--
    version 1.3.1:

• updated version to 1.3.1
    • added no history and no recent for app
    • compiled for api 16

--
    version 1.3.2:

• updated version to 1.3.2
    • fixed broadcast intents for custom commands
    version 1.2:

• updated to 1.2
    • fixed restoring connection after deep sleep
    • fixed issues with connecting to Arduino Micro and Leonardo.
    • fixed handling usb detach action when used Bluetooth
    version 1.2.1:

• updated to 1.2.1
    • fixed executing Hold event
    im sorry i am being a retard i think i got it compiled and uploaded now. i went into this without reading or knowing anything. next question is where do i hook the resistive output from my controls. why dont you have a link for donations you are a very helpful dev and deserve some..

because :) i dont need donation L) and my country :( lows do not allow it
    I would do it if i could. But one of them is a rfduino isolated in the steering wheel connected via bluetooth (havent tested yet but i hope it works) and for the buttons in the middleconsole i would want to use a arduino micro connected via usb.
    So it would really help me out to be able to use two at the same time :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

I will looks if I could get it easy to work in the same time. At least bluetooth and usb, but I don't promise anything.