[Q] Any good place to sell my GS2 i777?

Search This thread

EternalPal

Apr 9, 2012
I have one I do not use due to it being GSM and want to get rid of to buy a one I can actually use[Galaxy nexus CDMA].

I put the listing on Ebay[expired],Craigslist and Swappa. I would try the XDA forum as ive been told but there I cannot post there due to the new restrictions. Can you help out XDA?

Last edited:

gsrrr

Apr 6, 2011
I have one I do not use due to it being CDMAand want to get rid of to buy a one I can actually use[Galaxy nexus GSM].

I put the listing on Ebay[expired],Craigslist and Swappa. I would try the XDA forum as ive been told but there I cannot post there due to the new restrictions. Can you help out XDA?

you have a cdma i777?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I'm confused what the GSM galaxy nexus will offer over the GS II. Don't they both use the same HSPA+ / WCDMA frequencies, if you get the GSM version?

Regardless I think you will be extremely lucky if you can find a way to swap a Galaxy S II for a Galaxy Nexus. If you ever do find a way that by some miracle gets you a GSM Galaxy Nexus for a i777 straight over, do let us know.

XDA does have a marketplace forum for buying, selling, and trading.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

EternalPal

Apr 9, 2012
I'm confused what the GSM galaxy nexus will offer over the GS II. Don't they both use the same HSPA+ / WCDMA frequencies, if you get the GSM version?

Regardless I think you will be extremely lucky if you can find a way to swap a Galaxy S II for a Galaxy Nexus. If you ever do find a way that by some miracle gets you a GSM Galaxy Nexus for a i777 straight over, do let us know.

XDA does have a marketplace forum for buying, selling, and trading.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

I don't have a CDMA network to use the phone right now its just sitting there. I have verizon thus my need for a GSM phone. I know it does but with the new restrictions I cannot post or even look at the forum :/

REOGrand

Feb 25, 2012
Michigan
I think your confused. You cant use any GSM phone on Verizon. Unless maybe its unlocked? Verizon is CDMA. Along with Sprint. GSM can be used with ATT and T Mobile. i777 is for ATT. Unless you have the International version i9100. Then you should be able to put a T Mobile sim in it.

Last edited:

EternalPal

Apr 9, 2012
I think your confused. You cant use any GSM phone on Verizon. Unless maybe its unlocked? Verizon is CDMA. Along with Sprint. GSM can be used with ATT and T Mobile. i777 is for ATT. Unless you have the International version i9100. Then you should be able to put a T Mobile sim in it.

Wait a second, so your saying I CAN use my i777 on verizon?its the AT&T model. I was told by AT&T that i cannot use this phone on verizon.

Edit: Nvm. So I need to purchase a verizon nexus. Ok. well I guess I still need to sale this phone.

Last edited:

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Wait a second, so your saying I CAN use my i777 on verizon?its the AT&T model. I was told by AT&T that i cannot use this phone on verizon.

Edit: Nvm. So I need to purchase a verizon nexus. Ok. well I guess I still need to sale this phone.

Yes, you need a CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. The i777 will not work on Verizon.

None of AT&T's LTE phones will work on Verizon, even if unlocked. What AT&T calls 4G that isn't LTE, their HSPA+, is also referred to as WCDMA, plus their 3G is called WCDMA, but its not CDMA like Verizon or Sprint. If that wasn't confusing enough both AT&T and Verizon use 700 MHz LTE, but they are not using the same section of the 700 range so they are not interoperable. Unlike EDGE (2G) that is interopeable on AT&T vs T-Mobile. And some regions of AT&T and T-Mobile use the same 3G frequencies, so some 3G phones have limited functionality on both GSM networks.

Basic rule of thumb, for best results get a phone specifically made for your carrier.

Last edited:

EternalPal

Apr 9, 2012
Yes, you need a CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. The i777 will not work on Verizon.

None of AT&T's LTE phones will work on Verizon, even if unlocked. What AT&T calls 4G that isn't LTE, their HSPA+, is also referred to as WCDMA, plus their 3G is called WCDMA, but its not CDMA like Verizon or Sprint. If that wasn't confusing enough both AT&T and Verizon use 700 MHz LTE, but they are not using the same section of the 700 range so they are not interoperable. Unlike EDGE (2G) that s interopeable on AT&T vs T-Mobile. And some regions of AT&T and T-Mobile se the same 3G frequencies, so some 3G phones have limited functionality on both GSM networks.

Basic rule of thumb, for best results get a phone specifically made for your carrier.

Yeah it was a gift so i didnt really have a say in it. but thanks for the info none the less

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
These phones aren't going to sell for nearly what they could a few months ago sadly. U can grab one for almost nothing nowadays by signing up for new contract. I got mine for a hundred. But u see them for as low as 25 bucks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

raduque

These phones aren't going to sell for nearly what they could a few months ago sadly. U can grab one for almost nothing nowadays by signing up for new contract. I got mine for a hundred. But u see them for as low as 25 bucks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I got mine for a penny during Black Friday on Amazon. I've seen people asking $400-$500 for a GS2 on Craigslist, though.