[Q] Auto-play audio when connect to car bluetooth

Search This thread

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
Hi.

When I connect to the car bluetooth, music automatically starts, of course even if I did not listen music for days. I am using default Walkman.
How to turn it off?

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
Check smart connect otherwise not sure, I'll check next time I go out in my car too.

If I uncheck "connect with multimedia function" in options of Car BT (only telephone function active) problem dissapear. But for me it is no solution.
I prefer possibility playing music but only with manual start, and without switch deep functions.
In Xperia Z it was possible but I forgot how.

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
If I uncheck "connect with multimedia function" in options of Car BT (only telephone function active) problem dissapear. But for me it is no solution.
I prefer possibility playing music but only with manual start, and without switch deep functions.
In Xperia Z it was possible but I forgot how.

No I mean if you check smart connect, it may be auto playing the music because of "event occuring bluetooth connected", don't uncheck multimedia audio in the bluetooth settings otherwise you wont get audio from your phone when playing music or videos etc,

I've got my phone connected to my pc via bluetooth right now and it isn't autoplaying music when I disconnect/reconnect bluetooth (I've been toying around with it) and it seems it'll only autoplay music if I set up the smart connect event.

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
Please explain where I can find this option?
For now in SmartConnect in Events tab I have four events, all are OFF.
In first tab I have BT headset, charger etc and of course Car BT but inside there are the same options as for ex BT mono headphone.

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
Please explain where I can find this option?
For now in SmartConnect in Events tab I have four events, all are OFF.
In first tab I have BT headset, charger etc and of course Car BT but inside there are the same options as for ex BT mono headphone.

Hmm, if all the events are turned off then I'm not sure, could it be your car stereo requesting the music to be played immediately on connection?

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
I checked it out and I did not find any such options, this is rather standard (basic) BT device.

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
Right I've just been to my car to check if my Z2 plays automatically when it connects to my car's bluetooth and it doesn't, I have to press play on my car stereo or the walkman app for music to play.

I have to ask though, with your original Xperia Z, what version of Android is it running? I ask this because it's only been since Android 4.3 that bluetooth audio and associated protocols have been fully put to use (excluding any 3rd party bluetooth stacks). My One X is on android 4.1 and only responds to previous and forward from the car stereo the same was true with my HTC Desire on Android 2.3. Z2 on 4.4.2 responds to all the controls and also sends song information to the car stereo, the car stereo is a fairly old JVC KD-BT11.

I think it's more likely that your car stereo is trying to play music automatically when it connects and may have tried to do it with the Z (if the Z wasn't on 4.3). This is all just mostly guesswork, otherwise I have no idea why it's happening.

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
Hmm.. I have update Xperia Z to 4.3 but as I remeber problem was solved on 4.2.2 or earlier.
Thank you for assistance, tomorrow I will inspect car BT options again and I will back here.

Is it possible that Throw function can make a mess?
When I swith ON Bluetooth (even away of car) I see for a while icon of Throw function... and when I connect to car BT I see it again. When I connect mono BT headphone this icon don't show up...

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
I've check options in car BT - there is option "auto-play BT" but it is OFF all the time...and music starts automatically.
For me Throw function is mostly suspected...